Missing yeast in beersmith?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pdaigle

Reaction score
Is there an update for missing yeast in BS? I have some yeast bay yeast the is not in the software and i was wondering how can that be included.

First, go to the BS website & look to check for add-ins, second, go to the Ingredients tab & add ingredients. If you have the data in the yeast you can add it yourself.

Yep, you might as well get used to adding stuff into BeerSmith, especially when a supplier you see a lot of isn't in there. Some of the smaller yeast companies I'm not surprised haven't made it on there yet, but I still wonder how no one has taken the time to enter Muntons malts in there (I'm not volunteering)

Open Beersmith, left click on " add-ons", then choose from the list. I've added a lot of grains, yeasts, extracts, hops etc from that list. click on the ones you want & go from there with the prompts. :mug:

Open Beersmith, left click on " add-ons", then choose from the list. I've added a lot of grains, yeasts, extracts, hops etc from that list. click on the ones you want & go from there with the prompts. :mug:

That's assuming what you want is available as an add on. Unfortunately at least for me much of the ingredients I have haven't been uploaded and most that have been i can't get anyway.

You will likely still have to add a lot manually, and with malt especially may require learning how to read a malt analysis sheet.

That's assuming what you want is available as an add on. Unfortunately at least for me much of the ingredients I have haven't been uploaded and most that have been i can't get anyway.

You will likely still have to add a lot manually, and with malt especially may require learning how to read a malt analysis sheet.

If you go to the maltster's or other producers websites you can usually find the data you need to add to BS.

If you go to the maltster's or other producers websites you can usually find the data you need to add to BS.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. But sometimes the data they give doesn't neatly fall in to what is in BeerSmith so knowing how to figure that out is helpful. Few maltsters will give you strait ppg.

Sometimes you just have to
Plug in the numbers as best you can. Even contact the producer for the info you don't have or understand.

You're right. I have, on occasion, had to manually add to grains, hops, yeasts, etc. not too hard if you use the numbers given for that particular one, at the least.

Back