5K Road Race

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boston

Reaction score
SWMBO and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary by running our first 5K Road Race this morning at the RBC Center in Raleigh. All of the Hurricane's players were there to mingle with the crowd. We had a blast.
We are both in our mid 40s and were terribly out of shape. Plus I was a pack-a-day smoker for 30 years. I quit smoking in January and the two of us began training for this race in May. I'm now looking forward to another 5K in October, as well as checking out the local chapter of Hash House Harriers, the drinking club with a running problem.
Jeff

Congratulations, Jeff! There's never been a moment in my life when I would have been able to run 5K, never. I've been thinking seriously about the best way to get myself, finally, into halfway decent shape, my belly is starting to bother me.

Wow- I'm impressed. I thought about running a 5k this summer, but I'm really too lazy.

To go from being out an of shape smoker to a guy running a 5K is a great acheivement! Good for you and your wife!

Yooper Chick said:
Wow- I'm impressed. I thought about running a 5k this summer, but I'm really too lazy.

To go from being out an of shape smoker to a guy running a 5K is a great acheivement! Good for you and your wife!

It gets worse....
I lost 4 pounds last week doing Weight Watchers! :ban:

Congrats Jeff! Like Bird, I have never been a runner and whenever I have tried, my shins and knees hurt like hell afterwards.

Latest posts

Back