Mr Beer Booster as Priming Sugar...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natefrog255

Reaction score
Has anyone used the "Booster" from the Mr Beer as the priming sugar solution? If so, what is the mixture you have used. I am doing 5 gallon batches and have 3 leftover "Booster" packages that are 12 oz. each. I was hoping to use as a priming sugar. The "Booster" is corn syrup solids per the package. I was thinking about boiling 4 oz in 2 cups of water. Any information is appreciated!

I've used it as priming sugar and it worked just fine. I did exactly what you have planned. Boiled 2 cups of water and mixed in the sugar and let it cool a while before adding to the bottling bucket.

I've used it as priming sugar and it worked just fine. I did exactly what you have planned. Boiled 2 cups of water and mixed in the sugar and let it cool a while before adding to the bottling bucket.

I just through about doing this today too as I have a lot of the booster packs left. How much did you use?

Back