Show us your Mead in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A tiny batch of bochet.

IMAG0553.jpg

OG is 87, the yeast is rated for 10%. Thinking of adding something after racking, either cold pressed coffe or licorice root or... I don't know...

They're young but the samples have been awesome. Somehwere I've some JAOM from 5/11 that a friend from work says is now terrific.

2012-12-20_15-44-09_334.jpg

Damn smartphone camera...

rsz_1imag0563.jpg

Sparkling cyser with cinnamon. Last mead of the year, and first mead of the year.

Note: anything that appeared to need topping up was adjusted.

Dandelion Mead

ForumRunner_20130101_093702.png

Raspberry Melomel- Beach Wedding

ForumRunner_20130101_093751.png

Rhubarb Spiced Mead

ForumRunner_20130101_093828.png

Jujube Melomel

ForumRunner_20130101_093856.png

Chocolate Mead

ForumRunner_20130101_093921.png

these pics are incredible!!! all i want to drink now is mead..

aaah there it is :) JAOM, with exact adherence to recipe; unsanitized, bread yeast and all :)

ah there it is.jpg

Haven't made any in a long while. Everything I have left was from a crazy mead kick I got in 2005. All my mead was bottled in late 2005 or early 2006. Have rarely touched it since. Here are a couple pics.

Blueberry vanilla bottled in 2006, can't remember if I added blueberry in the primary or secondary:

IMG_0739_zps5fcccdda.jpg

from the 2006 bottling, getting better everyday:

IMG_0737_zpsb2efc963.jpg

Sweet meade with vanilla beans:

IMG_0743_zpsdda8d9c2.jpg

Here's a picture of my Cranberry Cyser. Sorry for the sideways shot, can't figure out how to rotate it in the gallery.

cranberry-cyser-57982.jpg

Blueberry Melomel I just started last week and is bubbling away nicely.

photo1_zps293927e4.jpg

Spiced Bochet Cider I did in September. Still very hazy and will likely need a lot of time to clear.

photo3_zpsa305e325.jpg

Orange Pineapple Coconut Melomel i did over the summer. Nice and clear but does not taste that great so far. I used D47 in the middle of summer before I knew about D47s strict and narrow temperature range so it definitely fermented at too high of a temperature. Ill most likely bottle it after a year and wait a VERY long time to drink it.

photo2_zps5680df1c.jpg

These are some of my current projects, hibiscus mead, orange cinnamon mead, vanilla methaglyn, strawberry melomel and just out of the picture, 3 gallons of chocolate mead.

image-3620561295.jpg

If it werent for Jon Snow drinking mead I would have never been interested in trying mead, and I never would have started brewing anything at all...

I think Jon Snow is a reference to Game of Thrones. Great series if you are into medevil type mythology and intrigue. I'm waiting for the Ommegang Game of Thones beer. I have a friend who works there who may be able to vet me a couple of bottles as soon as it is released in march.

thumb2_elder-gods-end-58006.jpg

The Elder Gods Braggot. A sweet, heavily oaked, malted mead; flavoured with chocolate, liquorish, and hints of madness. Meant to be drank as a digestif or liqueur, rather than as a wine.
Approximately 14% ABV and smoooooth.

The Elder Gods Braggot. A sweet, heavily oaked, malted mead; flavoured with chocolate, liquorish, and hints of madness. Meant to be drank as a digestif or liqueur, rather than as a wine.

Only 14%?? Pffft. My meads START at 14%. :rockin: :D

BTW, are you keeping it in a plastic juice bottle?? :eek: Talk about low class. :eek: :D

Now this sounds interesting and damn good. any chance on the recipe???

Jnco_hippie said:
Milk-mead (honey koumiss)

There's a thread on it if you wanna know more

Ewwww.... Clean out the airlock.

As for the recipe, sounds interesting

Only 14%?? Pffft. My meads START at 14%. :rockin: :D

BTW, are you keeping it in a plastic juice bottle?? :eek: Talk about low class. :eek: :D

It finished much sweeter than expected, and the consensus was to leave it where it was, rather than fortifying or repitching yeast. Also, I'm not making mead to get drunk--the flavour is more important.

And yes, I am--they make for cheap fermenters for test batches. I haven't noticed any off flavours from them, either.

jmfitzgerald: The thread on it is here.

Back