opened my first brew tonight-- darn good!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rritterson

Reaction score
We brewed a partial-mash old-style brown ale clone (think newcastle like), without a thermometer or hydrometer. In the primary for one week, secondary for two, and bottle for 3. It was our first ever brew.

I put one in the fridge a few hours ago and popped it 30 minutes ago. It was really satisfying to hear the hiss when the cap popped! The beer is not quite as nutty/maltly as I was hoping, but is very delicious nonetheless.

It's not the best beer I've ever had, but if I never brew a beer worse than this one, I'll live a long happy life.

RDWHAHB!:mug:

Congrats...nothing like brewing your own. When I cracked open my first Homebrew I turned to my wife and exclaimed " I made beer!"

Cheers and may you brew many, many more.

Hey congrats on your first brew!! It;s such a good feeling to know that you created that deliciousness!

Do yourself a favor and invest in a reliable thermometer and a hydrometer. Paying attention to those aspects of brewing will improve your brews incredibly!

Congrats...nothing like brewing your own. When I cracked open my first Homebrew I turned to my wife and exclaimed " I made beer!"

I said that to my ex... she replied "yeah, I spit out an 8 pound baby between my legs, you're point?!". :(

So I drank more to drown her out. :drunk:

Congrats on that first batch. Don't worry on the note taking as long as you enjoy your first batch and start learning the process.

As your skills develop, you will need good note taking in order to improve your brewing skills.

Make sure you save a bottle or two for your next session. Always good to brew and drink something you have already made!

Jonathan

Back