portable pump housing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarjr

Reaction score
Not really that cool...but I got bored tonight.

I'm one of the experienced brewers in my beer club so people tend to ask to borrow gear. Even with people trying to careful it always comes back dinged a little. I wanted to build something to keep it a little more secure.

I noticed alot of DIY where people put the pumps into toolboxes. They look nice but I saw this as a problem for my application. I feared people would just put stuff on top of my pump if they had room in the toolbox.

I saw this container and I thought the pump would fit in it perfectly and really stupify its operation.

pump3.jpg

pump2.jpg

pump1.jpg

I would suggest moving the GFCI to the opposite end of the extension cord. The way you have it set up, it will cut off the pump if there's a short, but the extension cord will still be live and remain a hazard. You might also want to avoid running the pump wit the cover on the box due to overheating issues. The motor is air cooled and needs to be able to breathe freely.

That is a good idea. Any reason that the in/outs are so long? They look like a broken/stripped pump head waiting to happen.

Back