Long & Short Brewing Logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 40839

Reaction score
I slapped this together for a wee venture including me, who's 5'6, and my buddy who's 6'7 (he's seriously into reggae, hence the colours - which I'm far from in love with):

long+short01.png

He loves it, but... I dunno. The more I look at it... it's not doing it for me. I tried having our two silhouettes raising bottles, but it seemed too contrived. Thoughts?

IMO, colors are kind of dull, you need something that pops!

The idea is good, maybe a little more exaggeration of the hop and grains, and some kind of background that POPS!

Nice design, I like it overall. I think the colors in the sun rays could be improved upon though. I think you need more contrast between them, maybe red & white like the old WWII Japanese flag, or red & yellow like the AZ state flag? Other than that I think you've got a pretty solid design. Regards, GF.

I like the design, but yes, the colors could be brighter. Also, the silhouettes feel very empty... perhaps some faint detail in them, as if you were in shadow?

I like the name, too.

-Steve

That's a good looking logo. The dead space above your head could be seen as a design flaw, but to the people that would be drinking this (friends who know you two,) I think it would work. I mean - it's funny.

The colors don't really bother me much, but brightening up the lighter part of the sun burst wouldn't hurt anything. The green in the hops could be a bit more bold. To be honest though, when compared to the dark brown of the bottle, it may "pop" a bit more than it does against a white background.

The font selection and logo design in general look commercially legit to me. Great job!

The colors feel good to me. They're a little muted, but silhouettes aren't going to look natural against a ragingly bright background. I'm a big fan, and would definitely drink a beer with that on the side!

Alright, been messing around a bit more. I trend towards more modern stuff, so went this way instead. Sort of inspired by Great Divide's stuff...

long+short02.gif

This is win. Black and white with no gray in between can't be reckoned with. That hard contrast demands you to at very last look at it. The new font fits the design very well, too.

Alright, been messing around a bit more. I trend towards more modern stuff, so went this way instead. Sort of inspired by Great Divide's stuff...

long+short02.gif

I would stick with the colored logo and just pick some different colors that compliment each other a bit better. Also on both sides the of "Long & Short" what are they? It is not very clear.

the black and white works really well!

maybe you could find some colors to add in here? most professional logos have a black and white and a color version either way.

I like the B&W, this logo will work well also for shirts, clear and to the point! The only thing that stands out to me is arm on the taller dude is realllllllyyyyy short! And the arm on the shorter dude makes him look like Popeye. Otherwise I like it a lot.

Back