extract full boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes_1696

Reaction score
This might be my last extract recipe before I AG. The question is i want to use my 8 gallon pot to make it, instead of using 2.5 gallons of water could i use 6.5 gallons of water to make my extract brew. Any advise would be grateful. thank in advance.

If your heat source can boil it, go for it. If your recipe is tailored for partial boil, then knock the hops down.

Ya, i will be useing a propane cooker. How would I go about tailoring the hop from a partial boil?

If your heat source can boil it, go for it. If your recipe is tailored for partial boil, then knock the hops down.

just out of curiosity, what is the difference when you knock the hops down? I brewed a brown ale recently that was made to be a 2.5 gal boil, but i do full boils so i used 6.5 gal. how will the additional boil size impact the final taste in relationship to hop flavor/aroma?

I do all extract kits at this point, most of them come with instructions for a partial boil, but with the exception of my first brew, i've done all full boils.

Make sure you can cool it quickly too. IC or CFC or a big ass bucket of ice water

edit: Well since you are going AG you probably already have this covered

Back