High post count does not equal brewing knowledge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminds me of a postpunk/industrial band I used to photograph, back in the late 80's/early 90's I did their album covers and promo material...

Mental Landscape

411544.jpg

In fact googling them brings up this cable public access tv show, that appears to have used some of the videos I shot of them...man this brings back memories...Believe it or not, the lead singer, is one of the top doctors in the city...

mental landscape - Google Video

Man, this brings back memories from my radio produce/photographer/videographer days...

Back when I used to look like this,,,,

Late80searly90s.jpg

and then this...

woulduhavedonemeat24.jpg

After that encounter with the gallon of gel - is your hair permanently stuck? Does it move even today?

I know jack and sh*t about brewing... even though I have been doing it off and on for 20 years.

Now.. wanna talk about broadcasting, Apple computers, cooking or World Of Warcraft.. I'll hold my own :)

Need to increase my post count.. may as well toss some fightin' words in lol

Yeah but I was doing the same thing...in college though...and mourning the girls I drooled over and never got to touch...sigh...

:D

Well, if I was single now..........................Wait, where was I again? :D

In 1984, I was looking for the crayons and paste. I was 4. :D

Flyangler, I used to like you. I was 4 when LBJ was president.

In 1984, I was looking for the crayons and paste. I was 4. :D
Blah, blah, blah. Who says you're still not doing that now?:D

You damn youngins. Let's see, 1984, hmm. I was getting my driver's license, wearing those stupid knit ties (Catholic school), wearing my hair at my shoulders and generally trying to hide that bulge in my pants every time a moderately cute girl walked by.

And you were eating Elmer's. Ugh.

Sorry, I would have been sniffing rubber cement around then.

:fro:

Yeah, go ahead, flounce your youth. Damn whippersnappers.

Where are all the fogies? I see, the fogies post in the afternoon and then the young folks take over at night when the fogies are in bed.

Me too! I'm still kick'n. Let's see... 1984... I was 2 years into my first marriage and starting my career. I remember Kennedy's funeral when I was 4. Please use large BOLD font if replying. Thanks. :D

Me too! I'm still kick'n. Let's see... 1984... I was 2 years into my first marriage and starting my career. I remember Kennedy's funeral when I was 4. Please use large BOLD font if replying. Thanks. :D
Hey, you don't count. It's only 7:15 in your neck of the woods. I'm stifling yawns on the other side of the country. That 6 am run is creeping ever closer. Oddly, it's making the same sounds as my joints.

Hey, you don't count. It's only 7:15 in your neck of the woods. I'm stifling yawns on the other side of the country. That 6 am run is creeping ever closer. Oddly, it's making the same sounds as my joints.

It's way past your bedtime young man. I do have a few more hours don't I? That dang C.R.S. problem I have. :tank:

It's way past your bedtime young man. I do have a few more hours don't I? That dang C.R.S. problem I have. :tank:

It is, indeed, past my bedtime. But I have work to do so as not to have to kill myself tomorrow .. and Saturday ... and Sunday. Then again Monday and Tuesday and ...

Where are all the fogies?

I'm old, I'm still up! :rockin:

Well, **** it. Just **** it.

It's hard to keep my chin up, when the people who say they are old are 10 years younger than you!

Ok, I'm a middle aged person. who drinks. But geez, don's slap me in the face with it.
Besides, it's WAY past my bedtime.

I was 20 years old. Somewhere between being a high school dropout and eventually making it to college. I believe I was certifiably insane at that time of my life, but damn it was fun!

I remember 1984!

The music was better, but cars were stupid...chicks were HAWT Back then!

Revvy...how bout some 80's Chicks?
80s_rocker_chicks.jpg

dior-fall-2008-backstage.jpg

Sorry...SWMBO's still up and safe search is OFF....Gotta be careful of what I type!

I think those chicks went on to become Zombie chicks didn't they?

I think Revvy prefers chicks younger than their 80's. I think he prefers they at least be drawing on their S.S. but not in their 80's. ;)

wait wait wait wait wait wait ..... wait. You guys (and Yooper) missed something a few pages back. Nigella Lawson is FORTY EIGHT??? Really??

In 1984 I was 6. I vaguely remember the 70's fashions trying to fade in favor of splattered paint design wallpaper and fluorescent clothes.

Class of 84 rocks dude !!!!!
But I think those pictures of 80's Chicks is going to give me some nightmares tonight. Talk about some flashbacks there.

1984, eh? I was 11. GI Joe and Transformers ruled all.

Thanks for fixing that for me Revvy, but I'm not *that* old. SWMBO keeps me well trained in that field. :D :rockin:

1984, eh? I was 11. GI Joe and Transformers ruled all.

Thanks for fixing that for me Revvy, but I'm not *that* old. SWMBO keeps me well trained in that field. :D :rockin:

I was married for over a year by 1984. I was working as an EMT, and had already been in the military by 1984.

Thanks for making a girl feel good. (Goes off to sit in the rocking chair...........):cross:

Latest posts

Back