Trip to NYC need suggestions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mopillar

Reaction score
Going to be in NYC for a week arriving on Saturday and just was looking for any places that might be a must see. I will be staying in the Midtown Center area to be exact. Any advice on local eating joints to pubs that I should check out. Thanks!

I personally love Valhalla (www.valhallabarnyc.com) on the corner of W54th and 9th. Great selection of craft ales and the staff are really friendly and knowledgable. The chicken wings are awesome too.
The Pony bar (http://theponybar.com) is another excellent craft ale bar a short walk (or stagger) from Valhalla on the corner of W45th and 10th. Another great selection of craft ales and great food too.

Thanks seems like a great place to check out. Liked the growler on the site too.

Any other ideas out there anyone?

I went to NYC a few years back. The highlight was my stop at McSorleys. If you are looking for a large selection it's not your place. The beer choice is light or dark. But the beer is good, the atmosphere is great, and the memory is awesome.

Thanks seems like a great place to check out. Liked the growler on the site too.

Any other ideas out there anyone?

The growler is awesome! I brought one home with me for some of my beer.

Another great bar with a similar vibe and beer selection is the Rattle N Hum, I remember the pub food being really good there.

I went to NYC a few years back. The highlight was my stop at McSorleys. If you are looking for a large selection it's not your place. The beer choice is light or dark. But the beer is good, the atmosphere is great, and the memory is awesome.

Another arrive early place. Down the block is Burp Castle that has a bunch of belgians. around the corner is Pomme Frites, if you're hungry. yum.

I've heard good things about the Pony Bar as well, as well as Birreria/Eataly (it's brewed on the rooftop or something) which I need to check out.

Little Town NYC has a lot of local NY food and drink which is cool.

Beer Authority just opened near the port authority/times square. on my list to check out.

Taproom 307 is another good one that I've tried.

Shake Shack has it's own specialty Brooklyn Brewery beer and also awesome food.

Latest posts

Back