What's brewing this 4th of July?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stauffbier

Reaction score
So who's brewing this 4th of July? What are you going to brew?

I'm thinking about brewing a stout...

I'm brewing a Cascade/Columbus IPA. Now I just need to think of a witty name for it...

My stout has been in the mash for an hour now. I decided on an overnight mash for this one!

Anyone else brewing tomorrow?

Calling for 101 and a 110+ heat index here, so I am going to pass on brewing and concentrate on drinking beer.

Should also mention, I'll be heading down to the grand opening of the tasting room at our newest local brewery.

It's too effing hot to brew beer today.

wgfhi.gif

Hope you have a great 4th and fun brewday tomorrow! I'll raise a few pints to you my friend!

Dan

Thank you Dan! Happy Independence Day!
Thanks for your past service my friend!

Have a good day and be safe!

Cheers!

Calling for 101 and a 110+ heat index here, so I am going to pass on brewing and concentrate on drinking beer.

It's too effing hot to brew beer today.

wgfhi.gif

Brewing in 100+ heat is a common thing for me, unfortunately! Today, I'm lucky, though! We got rain last night and a 50% chance for more today. It's the first rain we've had in many months. As a result our temps are supposed to be 88-92F today! Makes for a wonderful, overcast brew day!

Happy Independence Day Everyone!
:mug:

Millenium Galaxy IPA with a simple malt bill and a crap load of Galaxy in aroma and dry hop

Brewing a Blonde Ale right now, only 25 minutes left in the boil. After this, its burgers and sausages on the grill, and a nice relaxing afternoon. :mug:

Although I'm not brewing today, I have 2 batches on the schedule for the next few days.

AND, I'll be sharing bottles of each of my first four batches with family and friends today. I have one bomber left of my over-carbonated mistake that will be used for the brats. Then bottles of my other 3 batches available for drinking. Luckily, there will only be a few family members that will actually be interested in beer. :ban: More for me.

I'm sure they'll all be interested in checking out the labels I made, though.

30 minutes left of a 5 gallon batch of Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. What could be more American of a beer?! Later on today, smoking some Memphis Style Brisket

Was going to brew today but going to postpone til tomorrow, a little family time today in the heat.
Got a Spotted Cow clone that I am itching to do with an American Wheat waiting in the wings.

Tomorrow is a good day to Brew, Today is a good day to drink

Redbeard5289

A SPF8 clone. Dark Saison with orange peel , rosemary , black pepper and caramelized golden raisins deglazed
with a locally made port. A vanilla bean will go in the secondary.

Brewing an Orange Creamsicle Ale, bubbling away currently. Trying to think of a fun name for it...

30 minutes left of a 5 gallon batch of Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. What could be more American of a beer?! Later on today, smoking some Memphis Style Brisket

Can I come over?

This day has certainly imploded for me. Was going to brew a burly Belgian ipa but ingredient procurement issues have delayed that til this weekend(sucks not having a lhs). To add icing on my cant brew cake, I now have a work meeting from 2-4 and I have to drive an hour each way.

:kicks dirt: I'm drowning those sorrows later

Just put a Dubbel in the fermenter.

Got the smoker fired up for some ribs and smoked duck breast.

MMMMMMM a few homebrews and smoked meat.

About to wrap up the boil on an all Summit Pale Ale. Can't wait to cool this beast with the hot as hell groundwater we've got here in Houston. Yippy!

It is my patriotic duty to make a good homebrew!
I will be making a 5 gal Landlord clone shortly. It's a hot day in Southern New England, but I can't pass up this opportunity.
Happy 4th, Happy brewing.

MyNameIsPaul said:
About to wrap up the boil on an all Summit Pale Ale. Can't wait to cool this beast with the hot as hell groundwater we've got here in Houston. Yippy!

Hey fellow Houstonian! My water is too hot to get the wort down to ideal pitching temp too. Finally after 7 yrs I made a new wort chiller last night so I can use the old one as a pre-chiller. I'll be trying it out for the first time with this batch today.

brewing an all simcoe pale ale right now... maris otter, a little crystal 15 and rye. and 3 oz. of simcoe (all after 30 min.)... it'll be dry hopped with another 2 oz. of simcoe. inspired by russian river's all simcoe pale ale (should be similar except w/ rye) - and a bit drier. going for crisp, clean and hoppy.

my fiance moved in last month and this is the first time i've had to brew in a month... we woke up this morning and she said "you better start brewing"... gotta love her.

Just put a Dubbel in the fermenter.

Got the smoker fired up for some ribs and smoked duck breast.

MMMMMMM a few homebrews and smoked meat.

the brew/smoker day is a good day... no smoker for me today, just NY strips. :mug:

Brewing an Imperial Blond Ale that I call "Stone the Crows".

This will also be my maiden closed-system pressurized fermentation.

Hey fellow Houstonian! My water is too hot to get the wort down to ideal pitching temp too. Finally after 7 yrs I made a new wort chiller last night so I can use the old one as a pre-chiller. I'll be trying it out for the first time with this batch today.

I got it down to 84 with a 30 plate chiller, so I put it in the ferm chamber without pitching yeast, I'll let it cool in there for a couple hours then pitch some yeast. It's what I usually have to do. Good luck with the new toys, sounds like fun!

No brewing today. Both my primary and secondaries are full. I do have some ribs on and will be grabbing a beer shortly. Might even plan my next brew. I'm thinking a porter.

Back