What PID to use

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyirishman34

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am trying to set up a gas (I know this is the electric forum) fired brutus 10 style rig. What my question is what PID controller will with with the 24v gas valves?

yes a pid will do that. you will need the honeywell 24vac converter. I think others have recommended the auber 2352, im still researching which pid i want, i will be building the same setup as you. you will just run the pid in on/off mode.

yes a pid will do that. you will need the honeywell 24vac converter. I think others have recommended the auber 2352, im still researching which pid i want, i will be building the same setup as you. you will just run the pid in on/off mode.

So what are you guys doing then? Just using the loop controller to monitor temperature?

So really any pid will work even the SSR units if you add a relay to the control output? I would just need to set it to on/off control? What about if I just wanted to monitor the temp? I can't find a 1/16 din unit that will do that with out control.

Back