RIP, Blind Faith. We hardly knew thee.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiery Sword

Reaction score
Buy up all the Magic Hat Blind Faith you can find. It is going away.

depression.

<dumps paper-bag ides out on ground for homies>

I heard tha nasty rumors from a friend in the business and had to check into it.

From the horse's mouth, today:

Hi there, firstly, I do understand your love of Blind faith, it's a great and delicious beer, a really well balanced IPA. However, we here at Magic Hat like to keep room for our ever evolving roster of fine ales. Sometimes we have to move out the old to make room for the new. Blind Faith was also not one of our top selling brews, so there were financial reasons involved too. We've got some other hoppy offerings too though besides just Blind Faith. Our winter seasonAle, Roxy Rolles, is a hoppy Amber Ale. And we have Hi.P.A. In the spring, it's a highly hopped I.P.A. Here's another option- Magic Hat has created a sister company called Orlio Organic Beer Company. Orlio will start being available in March and our Orlio Spring/Summer Seasonal Beer is going to be an I.P.A. As well, so keep your eye out for that too. Cheers!

Roxy Rolles is a damn, DAMN fine beer, IMHO. I haven't had HIPA yet, although I know that Dude abhors it (which makes me hesitate to pick up a sixer myself).

the_bird said:
I haven't had HIPA yet, although I know that Dude abhors it (which makes me hesitate to pick up a sixer myself).
I can't deal with HIPA. It is the only beer MH makes that I think is no good.

I am too sad to enjoy Roxy. It just seems.......to soon.:tank:

I've never had the Blind Faith.....

Some of thier stuff is hit and miss lately. I think they should continue to concentrate on what got them there.

The HIPA just outright sucks. One of the worst IPAs I've ever had. All of these experimental beers could be cut down to keep the good ones in production.

Kinda makes you wonder what the marketing department at MH is doing.

They stopped making my favorite MH beer a few years ago, Bob's First Ale. The HIPA is awful, just awful.

Now if I could just get them to stop making #9.....

Did we recently discuss that they were bought out? If they were bought out, perhaps the analysts have infiltrated.

I wish they would mass distribute Single Chair--that is my favorite beer of theirs. The new IPA (Roxy) is really good, but I will miss BLind Faith. :(

I have a sampler of MH at home and was not impressed with any of them. I've done a clone brew of Blind Faith from Beer Captured and really liked it. I've gonig to come up with a hybrid recipe of that and SNPA

2nd Street Brewery said:
I've done a clone brew of Blind Faith from Beer Captured and really liked it.
I'm in the process of getting my hands on a half barrel to buy time in making an accurate, and test-able, clone. Mind posting or linking the recipe you've got to speed along the R&D portions of reciple formulation? It'd be appreciated!

I've never had any of the Magic Hat beers, although I've heard mostly good things about them. You can't get them down here in Texas. :(

Torchiest said:
I've never had any of the Magic Hat beers, although I've heard mostly good things about them. You can't get them down here in Texas. :(

Trust me your not missing much. While these beers are somewhat novel, and I'll readily admit I have been drinking them since the early 90's, I finf their beers to be phenolic, and very inconsistent in recent years.
Believe me, I used to be a big fan early on, but their beer is missing something these days. For what MH lacks in quality, they sure do make up in hoo-haw. I will still glaldy get growlers filled fresh at the soure when I'm in Burlington.

So how is the Feast of Fools. Tbh it is probably the one if I ever could try that I'd want to. Anybody had it?

Fiery Sword said:
I'm in the process of getting my hands on a half barrel to buy time in making an accurate, and test-able, clone. Mind posting or linking the recipe you've got to speed along the R&D portions of reciple formulation? It'd be appreciated!

So as I get home from Florida I'll send it to you. I really liked it and I'm not an IPA fan.

It's the corporations man! Goddamned Anheuser-Busch! Blind Faith is by far one of my favorite IPA's. Not that hoppy, but a world of flavor. I just knew this was going to happen. Sierra Nevada was bought out too. Won't be long before we see Celebration Ale taken out back, shot, and buried in a shallow grave.

Perhaps I'm getting worked up, but DAMN will I miss Blind Faith.
-Ben

todd_k said:
Now if I could just get them to stop making #9.....

Amen!

I like getting there mixed 12 packs, but I always hesitate cause I know there will be 3-4 of the #9 in there that I will not enjoy. Why is that one so popular?

SkaBoneBenny said:
It's the corporations man! Goddamned Anheuser-Busch! Blind Faith is by far one of my favorite IPA's. Not that hoppy, but a world of flavor. I just knew this was going to happen. Sierra Nevada was bought out too. Won't be long before we see Celebration Ale taken out back, shot, and buried in a shallow grave.

Perhaps I'm getting worked up, but DAMN will I miss Blind Faith.
-Ben

Got a link about Sierra Nevada or Magic Hat being bought out? I don't recall seeing any confirmation, just online speculation.

Would not surprise me. If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em.

AB has tried to make "microbrew" offerings that did not last long. Easier to just buy an established brand.

Well I've got no link... I have heard it from 1 liquor store owner and two Anheiser Busch distributors/employees. I was taking a 6 pack of Fat Angel off the shelf while a Budweiser distributor was stocking the Anheiser Busch cooler and he asked if I knew MH and SN had just been bought out. I heard it soon after from a package store owner and asked another distributor who also confirmed it. I sure hope its not true. RIP Blind Faith
-Ben

SkaBoneBenny said:
Well I've got no link... I have heard it from 1 liquor store owner and two Anheiser Busch distributors/employees. I was taking a 6 pack of Fat Angel off the shelf while a Budweiser distributor was stocking the Anheiser Busch cooler and he asked if I knew MH and SN had just been bought out. I heard it soon after from a package store owner and asked another distributor who also confirmed it. I sure hope its not true. RIP Blind Faith
-Ben

I don't believe it for a second.

Their is no reason for SN to sell out. It would make no sense.

Until I see a link, well......

Back