Evanston, Illinois homebrew club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dgonza9

Reaction score
I've seen some press on a homebrew club in Evanston, Illinois.

Can anyone point me to some information? I'd love to check it out, and of course, bring some homebrew.

We have changed things a bit since this article was first published. We still meet at Prairie Moon on a Thursday, but it is on the third Thursday of every month.

"Thirsty Third Thursday is an event sponsored by the Evanston Homebrewers Association and Prarie Moon. TTT is meant for homebrewers to come together and enjoy all things beer. Bring a bottle or two for fellow homebrewers to enjoy and critique. Tasty libations also available for purchase at the ever gratious Prairie Moon bar."

Hope this helps..

We have changed things a bit since this article was first published. We still meet at Prairie Moon on a Thursday, but it is on the third Thursday of every month.

"Thirsty Third Thursday is an event sponsored by the Evanston Homebrewers Association and Prarie Moon. TTT is meant for homebrewers to come together and enjoy all things beer. Bring a bottle or two for fellow homebrewers to enjoy and critique. Tasty libations also available for purchase at the ever gratious Prairie Moon bar."

Hope this helps..

Sweet. What time does everyone show up?

I may need a reminder but my wife works at NU, so I am interested as well. Is there an e-mail list or other group page?

To throw some Irish Moss into the mix and clarify some facts:

1) We are a no cost club.
2) We meet every THIRD Thursday at Prairie Moon in the back bar.
3) Bringing home brew is encouraged (either bottle or keg).
4) Email [email protected] to be put on the list.

Sean

To throw some Irish Moss into the mix and clarify some facts:

1) We are a no cost club.
2) We meet every THIRD Thursday at Prairie Moon in the back bar.
3) Bringing home brew is encouraged (either bottle or keg).
4) Email [email protected] to be put on the list.

Sean

Sean, how many bottles are customary? I plan to bring a few on Thursday and just curious if a single bomber or 2 12's are sufficient quantity of a given beer to go around...

Whatever you feel like sharing. Typically there are about 20-30 people on a good night. Expect more with the heat. 3-4 bottles should do. You can always ration as you see need develop. Last outing we had three kegs and about 40 bottles open.

*BUMP*

This Thursday is yet another Thirsty Third Thursday at Prairie Moon in Evanston with people gathering around 7-7:30 and onward.

To temporarily restore this convo...

Just signed up for an account at evanstonhomebrew.com. Hopefully that'll get me on the email list. Just put my very first batch to ferment on Sunday so I'd love to share a few at the March meeting.

I think that this is our new route of email subscription. You will be able to keep up with all news on this page. Glad to have you on board. Feel free to come and critique this month, as having a beer is not necessary for admission.

Kissinger said:
I think that this is our new route of email subscription. You will be able to keep up with all news on this page. Glad to have you on board. Feel free to come and critique this month, as having a beer is not necessary for admission.

That I will Mr. Kissinger! Love the TTT @ PM, glad to see you there last time. Sean #2 ;)

Back