belgian and ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avibayer

Reaction score
So, my mom wants me to brew her a belgian, but i'm not crazy about the style. is there a recipe for an all grain that is a belgian if using one yeast, and a different style using other yeast?

I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you want to make a batch, split it, and then pitch two different types of yeast to see what the difference is?

you will get quite a different beer with say wl565 and wlcalifornia yeast with the exact same recipe. Go ahead and try it.

yeah, i was asking for an all grain recipe that could be split, have two different yeasts pitched, and one of the beers be a beligian. what will the wl565 and wlcalifornia produce?

:tank:

The 565 is actually a saison yeast which really gives you alot of yeast character. The cali yeast (I do n't know the Wyeast of WL #'s) will give you a nice clean beer with very little yeast character.

Ther are alot of belgian yeasts out there and alot of clean profile yeasts to choose from. You have to decide which kind of Belgian you with to make. Belgian is pretty general.

good point. my own tastes are for a super hoppy IPA, but my mother is a big fan of chimay and blue moon, and more malty flavors. since i'm living at home at the moment, and she doesn't like all my brewing equip everywhere, she gets a batch every once and a while. so i was hoping someone could suggest an all grain recipe and two types of yeast, so i could split the batch, making two distinct beers.

Back