Need recipe- got some left overs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mainebrew

Reaction score
Since my all grain voyage, which turned out great, I have some dme and lme to use up. 1 can of amber and 4 or 5 lbs of light dme. I have a bunch of assorted hops as well. Any Ideas?

M:rockin:

Make a beer?

Just kinding! How about a "leftovers American amber?" That's what I did when I had a little of this and a little of that. Four pounds of DME and a 3.3 can of LME will get you an OG of 1.060 or so. Hop that will some American hops, like cascade, centennial, amarillo, etc to 35 IBUs with some late additions, and you'll have a nice American amber.

Also, I would recommend keeping a bag of DME around. First, for yeast starters, and secondly, in case you miss your OG, you can add some DME. I had to do that in a few of my early AGs.

Thanks Yoop, by the way I put some of the fatsam keg in bottles and only have a couple left. The weather here has been S!#@$Y 2 weeks of rain. So I decided to do a "let the sun come back brew" hopefully the sun gods will smell this wonderful aroma and part the clouds.

Thanks again

Back