2 5-gallon CO2 tanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gruversm

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2 keg regulator setup from Midwest supplies and a Kegerator from Menards. I now have 2 5-gallon CO2 tanks. Question: Should I just keep the one tank and sell the other...or should I keep them both?

You can never have enough co2 tanks. If one runs out you've got a spare. or you can keep one for your kegerator and use the other for force carbonating, purging, etc. in another location.

I traded my original 5# tank for a 20# tank and keep that one in the garage for all the utility purposes.

You can never have enough co2 tanks. If one runs out you've got a spare. or you can keep one for your kegerator and use the other for force carbonating, purging, etc. in another location.

I traded my original 5# tank for a 20# tank and keep that one in the garage for all the utility purposes.

+1 I have two 20# and two 5# and a 5# of Beer Gas. I run out, but not really, cause I have backups. It will always run out on Friday evening.

If need be, I can dispense with 12 gram CO2 cartridges.

Be Prepared!

Duh....I did mean to say 5# and not 5 Gallon.

Sounds like I need to keep a backup, like with a propane tank....it usually runs out at the worst time!

Thanks for all of your input.

Back