Belma Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tdogtt10

Reaction score
I know that there was a previous thread about Belma hops and them being on sale but most of the people that got them and that stated they were brewing with them did not post many results.

I would love to hear about your experience using Belma hops (what you made and how you think it came out).

I tried an experimental beer with it initially which involved hop bursting while using no bittering hops at the start of the boil. This was my first attempt at all grain as well using a BIAB technique which got very low efficiency (due to poor grain mill and BIAB technique) so this beer came out tasting very light with a very fruity aftertaste. There was not much upfront flavor in the beer I made due to no bittering additions and light malt profile because I wanted to get an idea of how the flavor was. I felt that this hop would compliment other citrus hops to bring additional flavors.

I brewed a beer using a similar grain build as gumball head clones but using Nugget, Columbus, and Belma hops instead of Amarillo. I will post those results in a few weeks once it is ready.

Please tell us about your experiments with Belma. Thanks.

Lots of results on the hops direct website: http://www.hopsdirect.com/leaf/ I'm certainly looking forward to lighting the fire under my Belma Saison recipe!

Belma Saison...indeed!

Saison is one of my favorite beers. However, I think it is a must to use DuPont yeast.

Anyhow I have a pound of Belma, and I am debating on splitting a batch of IPA and dry hopping with it.

Three days to decide, ugh.

Back