How cool is your keggle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exo

Reaction score
I got a Warsteiner. It's a 1/4-barrel and I've yet to name her.

What brand does everyone else have?

I have a Gentle Ben's out of Tucson. Its pretty cool, it says "Real Beer Here" on the side and Gentle Ben Brewing Co. is stamped in too.

I just...ahem....havent converted her yet. Its just chillin with the top cut out.

That's a keggle:

4563-_MG_4471.jpg

Ok MM...

I had the camera on self-timer and it was a pain to get sat down and relax a bit before the shutter went off. Hence my flexed (and sexy) calf muscles.

And "keggle" is a converted keg.

"kegel" is what your thinking of.

Ive got a coors one with a killians irish red sticker on it, but since ive never used it it has a bunch of spiders in it, which is pretty cool i guess.

uhm, post #14, above.

Edit: Sorry misread your post. No pics but here's the explanation I found via the interweb"

The Kegel Exercise

Why are they important?

Kegels are pelvic muscle exercises. The pelvic floor is made up of muscles responsible for supporting the woman's lower organs, including the bladder. It is important for a woman to exercise and tone these muscles regularly all of her life. Effective pelvic floor toning will prevent prolapse bladder, incontinence and other health problems. It will also add to a woman's sexual pleasure.

Kegel exercises are especially important for a pregnant woman. Good pelvic floor muscle tone aides the baby in it's rotation and descent into the birth canal. And, if a woman is able to relax her pelvic floor muscles while she pushes her baby out, this will greatly assist the birth process.

How do I do them?

First, locate the correct muscles by tightening your pelvic floor muscles during urination. This will stop your urine in midstream. Then, you may proceed with the following exercises virtually anytime & anywhere. You should work up to doing kegels 10-50 times a day.
Tighten the pelvic muscles
Hold the muscles tight for 10 to 30 seconds; then relax the muscle
Repeat this exercise 10 times

OR
Do a series of 15 quick contractions called "flicks"

A woman should try not to tighten the muscles in her legs, buttocks, or abdomen, or hold her breath while doing kegels. And, she should practice tightening the muscles while exhaling.

How do I practice relaxing the pelvic muscles?

Following is a rehearsal for "letting go" during the birthing stage of labor:
Bulge the pelvic floor by holding your breath and gently straining as you would do to press the last few drops of urine out
Then, end this by tightening the muscles and gently relaxing the pelvic floor
Do this one or two times a day

AND
Try the "elevator Kegel" -
While your pelvic floor muscles are at rest, image that your perenium is on the 1st floor of a building, in an elevator.
Then, tighten your pelvic floor muscles slightly and imagine your perenium is on the 2nd floor.
Tighten your pelvic floor muscles even more and imagine your perenium is now on the 3rd floor of a building, in an elevator.
Now, release slightly and go back down to the 2nd floor of the building.
Next, release completely and imagine you are back at floor one of the bulilding.
Finally, bulge your perenium out lower and imagine your are now in the basement of that building (These are the muscles you will use to push your baby out of your body at the time of birth).

OK, I don't know about you, but I think I'm going to puke.

Dennys Fine Consumptibles said:
uhm, post #14, above.

Edit: Sorry misread your post. No pics but here's the explanation I found via the interweb"

OK, I don't know about you, but I think I'm going to puke.

Yeah, you got it. That's why I was hoping for a pic. Of the female Keigel anyway. I dunno about puking, I'm kind of turned on. You know, what makes some people sick is a turn on for others.

Back