First AG tomorrow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

54BelAir

Reaction score
I know y'all are probably tired of these type of posts, but I am so damn excited I just got to tell.

I am brewing my first all grain batch tomorrow. Trying BIAB for the first time.

I am I am not sure what king of efficiency to expect, so I have a bag of DME around just in case I don't hit my numbers. I guess it wont really be AG if I use DME, but it will be close.

If all works reasonably well, I will start building my mash tun.

It's a lot simpler than everyone pretends it to be. I never did extract, or PE, or BIAB. I went all in, all-grain for my first brew and I never, ever looked back.

I intended for this one to be PM, but the grain bill was so small 8.75# that it all fit into my tun so I decided to just do a BIAB.

I agree that AG isn't nearly as complicated as it seems. It can be made to be as complicated or as simple as you like.

Good luck man! I'll be doing my first all-grain next week and im just as excited. Im just getting everything planned out and organized so far.

Good luck man! I'll be doing my first all-grain next week and im just as excited. Im just getting everything planned out and organized so far.

Thanks. It's an all brewing weekend. The wife is out of town so I am making a starter tonight, brewing by first all grain (BierMuncher's Centenial Blond) tomorrow, and extract Northern Brewer's Bourbon Barrel Porter on Sunday. Needless to say, I am really looking forward to going home today.

Back