Max Payne!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw it last night.

I give it a 5/10.

Not bad. As far as video game movies go, it was pretty good. And the visuals were amazing. But the story was poorly told, and many characters were not developed at all.

EDIT: Also, I was huge into the game, so that is where I was at walking into the theater.

I just finished watching max payne, its not terrible but I dont think it lived up to the game or captured its atmosphere very well. The ending is kind of open, it feels a little too much like half a movie.
As for other VG to film, doom was horrible it seems like they took a few elements from the game but discarded the character and plot, maybe if you dont look at it as based on the game its a watchable action movie. The first resident evil movie was a pretty decent zombie movie but the second one was unwatchable. they butchered alone in the dark too, not that the movie was that terrible but it felt unrelated to the games.

Back