Ways store associates respond (that make you want to set them on fire)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this at Lowes a few days ago. Walking around after looking at tubing for the 20th time with disappointment that they do not carry 1/2in ID Polyethylene tubing.
This kid (about 19-20) was waking around randomly with a list and just searching wildly. perked my curiosity so i tailed the kid from a distance for a wile. He finally asked an "associate" for help. "we cant help you you must find that on your own" AH HA! I asked the "associate" if my conclusion was accurate.
As part of the training they are given a list of stuff.. they must find the items and give the location (we all have seen the item spot they use 12-k-84 or something like that) in a certain amount of time.
I was glad to see they where getting trained on where things are at.

I had this happen to me twice today with a cashier and a waitress, the waitress saved herself later though.
At Movie theather box office
ME: 2 adults, one child for Escape from Planet Earth. One military. (I had just noticed that they advertise a military discount)
CASHIER: Military discounts are only after 6 pm sir.
ME: That's ok, I only protect the country aft 6 pm anyway (I'm a bit of a smart a)
CASHIER: Oh, like you're in the reserves? (obviously trying to flirt, she tilted her head and did a stupid whorish smile)That is so cool, I had a boyfriend that......(I cut her off)
ME: I do not care about your boyfriend. I want movie tickets for my wife and kid.

I walked across the street to the Brixx pizza place where my wife and kid were waiting and sat down for our lunch before our movie. I like this place, it has good pizza and usually has some good brews. Until today I have always had GREAT service, pretty much the best pizza place service ever. I ordered a Hopslam. My wife thinks that she likes beer too and ordered one too.

Waitress: Here are your drinks! I really like the Hopslam! I hope you enjoy it too!
Me: Yes, I know I will, but can you bring me a regular glass. I do not want a frosted glass. My wife would also like a regular glass.
Waitress: Oh, I guess it is a bit cold outside today huh...giggle giggle
ME: Yeah that's it (avoiding confrontation)
Waitress returning with plain glasses: Here, these are off the shelf, they aren't hot out of the washer, but they are clean.
ME (I've had enough): Now why in the F*** would I want a hot beer glass? Are you stupid?
W: Well, it's cold outside, of course!
ME: I did not want the frosted glass because I enjoy beer. I like to taste beer. It tastes good. When beer is cold, you cannot thouroughly enjoy all that it has to offer. I will now let my Hopslam sit here on the table for the next 20 minutes because it has F*****g ice on the outside of the bottle. You know what? Let me have something off the tap while I am waiting for this to warm up a bit.
W: Sir, you can only have one beer on your table at a time.
ME: You have got to be kidding me....(my voice has now gotten a bit louder) I want to enjoy my beer the way that I enjoy it and that involves actually tasting it.
W: I think it tastes pretty good cold.
Me: (after literally laughing in her face and still chuckling as I make this suggestion) Can I place this bottle of Hopslam on the empty table next to ours and wait for it to warm up a bit? I would really like to drink this beer today.
W: (after talking to manager) that is fine, sir. Does your wife want to put hers over there too?
SWMBO: I will just drink it.

2 Minutes later....SWMBO doesn't like her Hopslam, so I tell her to order an Angry Orchard since I know she will like it. We move her Hopslam to the empty table...
Waitress: Don't Like the Hopslam? I don't care for it much either, that is why I drink beer so cold. (being just as big a smart a as I am)
ME: At least you have a sense of humor. I appreciate that.

The manager is a beer snob and comes over and talks beer with me for a few minutes and he was a bit of a yapper. I like to converse with people who enjoy the same things that I do.
I got our check and the waitress didn't charge me for either hopslam, left her number and a smiley face on the check. SWMBO was pissed! I thought it was funny.

You sound like a grade A *******. I'm sure your food has had loads of spit in it for treating the waitress like ****

Saw this at Lowes a few days ago. Walking around after looking at tubing for the 20th time with disappointment that they do not carry 1/2in ID Polyethylene tubing.
This kid (about 19-20) was waking around randomly with a list and just searching wildly. perked my curiosity so i tailed the kid from a distance for a wile. He finally asked an "associate" for help. "we cant help you you must find that on your own" AH HA! I asked the "associate" if my conclusion was accurate.
As part of the training they are given a list of stuff.. they must find the items and give the location (we all have seen the item spot they use 12-k-84 or something like that) in a certain amount of time.
I was glad to see they where getting trained on where things are at.

This was already posted once... Anyways I got one or three to share. A few years back while working out of town there was exactly two places to eat in this town one a 24 hour buffet style place and one a churches chicken open during "normal" business hours. Naturally having to be at work at 6am meant eating at the buffet style restaurant for breakfast. Upon my second trip in, ate as usual payed and on the way out the door one of the cashiers stopped my to ***** at me about not tipping and how working there is her means to help provide for her family so I'm mean spirited and such. I reminded and everyone in the building that making sure I pay for exactly how many people are in my party is not waitress job is a cashier job, if the owner/manager isn't paying her appropriately then that's her fault for accepting it not mine. Also made sure everyone understood I would from then on while in town only eat at the churches. For god sake this chic didnt even get my drink for me, it was all on me except for putting my money in the cash register. Next experience, McDonald's. good god McDonald's. this isn't just one McDonald's either, I've been to many in several states as well as worked at one for nearly three years while in high school. Slowly I've seen them go from an ok place to get a quick cheap meal to straight crap that I've sent emails explaining exactly why I'll never give them another dollar of mine. I can't stand when I pull up to a drive through, place an order that then is read back to me ver batim (spelling?) and then the order is wrong anyways because some idiot can't punch it in a computer right. Or the ones that punch it in right and the ticket shows as such but the order is still wrong. Or what I actually get is right but items are left out consistently. I've went from individual stores being personally boycotted by my bank account to the whole chain over the years as I've increasingly seen them all that I've been to go to crap. To think these people lately have even went so far as to say they deserve 15.00 an hour, actually they deserve to be fired but that's my opinion. And this does bother me because I love a good Big Mac or their double cheese burger made a specific way. Those are damned addicting but ill move that addiction to more beer I suppose just as I did with smoking lol. A third experience. While eating at red lobster for our anniversary our waitress seemed to be kinda ok. She didn't, however, refill our drinks even once after bringing them out to us. And something on my wife's plate wasn't as she ordered it which the waitress took note and promised to fix it. She never did. This is where it got interesting to me, a passing waitress noticed the drinks being empty asked what they were and refilled the consistently while we were there as well as actually fixing the problem with my wife's order. Call me what you want but I left a tip for the passing waitress of around 30% because she had no obligation to us as well as a thank you note and nothing for the girl who was supposed to be our waitress. I tip according to service. Average service gets average tip great service gets great tip and bad service likely gets not tip at all. They want my money they can earn it.

Back