got my hands on 11oz of citra....does anyone have a good 5gal recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Citra, but find that by itself it is a little to overpowering. it does play well with others.

I do an IPA that uses Citra, Centennial and Cascade that is a nice combo. Citra and Amarillo also is a good combo.

Was the grain bill easy to obtain?

I didn't think it was too bad...my lbhs had everything (Charlotte - alternative beverage...they deliver as well). I've found it is a lot easier to go to the actual store than trying to buy online as I have never found a store online that sells in specific quantities that recipes like ZD require (like the 1.13 pounds of munich). If you have a scale and don't mind leftovers I think the ingredients are fairly easy to find online. Otherwise, I would try to go to a store in person. :mug:

I have a fairly popular Zombie Dust recipe that is all Citra.

Edit: I must of been a couple seconds too late

I want to make your clone sooooo bad. But I can't bring myself to use my precious supply of Citra with 04 yeast. I'll have to find a substitue....I don't want to dump a beer again. :D

Just started drinking the zombie dust clone I made (posted earlier in thread) this week..... it is great and looks like it is going to have a very short lifespan:) Be brewing it again within a few weeks for sure.

Hammy71 said:
I want to make your clone sooooo bad. But I can't bring myself to use my precious supply of Citra with 04 yeast. I'll have to find a substitue....I don't want to dump a beer again. :D

Brett c. Mine was amazing

Toss some Cascade in there - I've heard so-so reports about Citra as a buttering hop. Plus, I just made an American Amber with Cascade-Citra and it turned out great, excellent combination of flavors.

Hammy71 said:

1968 is a good one.

gtibrews2 said:
Confused about the 04 yeast comment.......

It is fine. Some people seem to think liquid is better than dry. I am not one of them. I have used a lot of S-04 and S-05 with no bad results from the yeast.

It is fine. Some people seem to think liquid is better than dry. I am not one of them. I have used a lot of S-04 and S-05 with no bad results from the yeast.

Actually no....I use dry yeast on 75% of my brews. I just hate the taste that 04 adds to the brew. Some like it...but many (including myself) can't stand the crap.

Back