Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
enhanced-buzz-9252-1368153318-2.jpg

I'll take swords for $500 Alex.

A co-worker (I use this term lightly because he's lazy as ****) told me he could not get drunk from beer, nope, no how, never gets drunk from beer. I told him I could get him drunk on ONE beer. He asked what beer, I explained I would buy him a bottle DFH 120 Min IIPA. He had no idea what it was of course; once I explained it to him he started stammering, and claiming that I was full of ****.

To this day he refuses to take me up on the offer.

Guy at bar: "What's a Sweetwater?" as he points to a 420 tap handle, a very hoppy pale ale. Quite forgivable, especially at a hotel.

Bartender: "It's a lot like a New Castle."

*sigh* Yes, just like it.

Today I was pouring Homebrew at a beerfest and on one of my many breaks I cruised over to the Redhook booth. I asked the server "what is Game Changer?" And he replied "it's an ale." The question must have shown on my face because he clarified "you know, not an IPA. Just a regular ale."

Just tell him to make a taco salad & drink one of these Oculto's with it. Broken Barrel Brewing makes it in Houston. It has blue agave in it that you can taste & smell. Also blended with beer that aged on tequila barrel staves.

I'd have told him I'll figure out a way to make it, if he promises to drink the entire batch.

I think this is solvable. You just have to find a specialty taco salad at some fancy restaurant that matches what you want to do. If someone does a fruit salad in a taco shell, you've got it made! Just do a batch with some toasted malt for the shell, and then focus on fruit flavors. Maybe a Brett IPA or something. It's not exactly beef and iceberg lettuce, but it would work. Or just make a gallon batch of something really awful with a homemade beef extract and watch him suffer.

I was getting my tank filled at a bottle shop today that usually has discount beers from the past season (winter beers this time). I picked up a bomber of an imperial mint stout and when the guy rang it up hes telling me about how much he loves this beer.

Him: Half of this bottle and you'll get a nice buzz!
Me: uhhhh thanks
He then grabs the bottle and proceeds to shake the piss out of it.
Him: You need to shake all the chocolate off the bottom and drink it that way to get the flavor.
Me: Great...thanks.

I think you're all overthinking the taco beer. Or under thinking.

Is there a hops that has a grassy, lettuce like flavor. Toasted fritos in the malt, use some taco season in the boil and have enough body(maybe mash high) to stand in for beef. Use season packages to give it that authentic home style taco taste.

I'm not particular about the type of bread the meat is wrapped in

soft or hard shell corn or flour tortilla, pita, wonder bread, crescent roll, biscuit or bagel

it's all yum

MMMMmmmmmmMMMM beer...........MMMMmmmmMMMMmmmmmmmmMMMM tacos........................ Guess whats for dinner now.

:mug:

We are having a taco meal tonight. My wife a taco salad. For me taco fixings in a large tortilla(s) to add a load of refried beans and sliced jalapenos.

American Amber ale for the beer pairing.

When I first told SWMBO I was going to start brewing beer she promptly replied "No your not! I don't want you blowing up the garage!" Lol.

Over St. Patrick's day, I premiered my Pilsner for the first time. My buddy tried it and said "it's good, it's like an amped up Coors." Knowing he meant well in that I made a beer that tastes like a profession brewer made, I just smiled and replied "well sure, they are both Pilsners."

Went to a bachelor party for a friend this past weekend. Knowing that it was going to be all guys that only drink Bud or Natty, I wanted to bring something cheap. I picked up a six pack of Schlitz pounders, one of my go-to beers if I just want to get drunk cheaply.

When I showed up, my friend told me: "Of course you had to bring something fancy."

Went to a bachelor party for a friend this past weekend. Knowing that it was going to be all guys that only drink Bud or Natty, I wanted to bring something cheap. I picked up a six pack of Schlitz pounders, one of my go-to beers if I just want to get drunk cheaply.

When I showed up, my friend told me: "Of course you had to bring something fancy."

Best post ever, close the thread, we're done here.

Drinking red hook IPA at Lanikai- a beach I used to frequent in Hawaii- new acquaintance tells me I'm "supposed to drink those on cold winter days". No I will not.

Drinking red hook IPA at Lanikai- a beach I used to frequent in Hawaii- new acquaintance tells me I'm "supposed to drink those on cold winter days". No I will not.

cold winter days in Hawaii... when it gets down to 77°

bring in the pets and cover the plants

Back