GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gilmore Girls: Year in the Life is streaming on Netflix now

and normally, I would have turned in my ManCard for that, but we watched it on my brand new 60" 4K Smart TV

View attachment 378434

by the way, anyone interested in a non-functioning Panasonic 52" projection HDTV? weighs a ton

My wife marathoned that and I saw bits and pieces. I actually found myself enjoying it, as much a I hate to say.

My wife marathoned that and I saw bits and pieces. I actually found myself enjoying it, as much a I hate to say.

Lauren Graham was a tasty dish back in the original run, plus she's a home-girl, grew up around here

so did Patton Oswalt, but he's never been a tasty dish

I can't believe this thread is still going! I remember when it first started. This was my go to when wanting Netflix suggestions!

I'm currently watching That 70's Show when I want to watch something short and watching Lost when I have more time.

I can't believe this thread is still going! I remember when it first started. This was my go to when wanting Netflix suggestions!

I'm currently watching That 70's Show when I want to watch something short and watching Lost when I have more time.

I feel like Lost lasted about 2 seasons too long but I still enjoyed it for the most part.

For those into crime shows, I've really liked Luther and The Fall. Both released a new season recently.

Watched Spaceballs! on Thanksgiving. Not even sure how it came up, but the kids and I started quoting lines, and then somehow the Blu-Ray got put in the player and we watched the whole thing.

I think the rest of the family decided that was preferable to me reciting the entire movie from memory.

Just started Season 3 of Black Mirror. Very very dark dystopian satire. Seasons 1 & 2 were great. Off to a good start.

bingeing on Longmire for the past week

great characters, interesting overall story arcs

but individual episodes can be kind of 'meh'

Anyone watching "The Crown"? Wife is watching it and wants me to catch up so we can watch together... We don't typically have the same taste in shows.

We watched Falling Skies from start to finish during its original run. Liked it, but ended up a little disappointed in it

Be prepared to suspend a whole buttload of disbelief

Here's an off-topic question for everyone; anyone know where we can find Suburgatory season TWO? We have S1 on DVD, S3 on DVR, but S2 has not been released OnDemand or on DVD

We watched Falling Skies from start to finish during its original run. Liked it, but ended up a little disappointed in it

Be prepared to suspend a whole buttload of disbelief

Here's an off-topic question for everyone; anyone know where we can find Suburgatory season TWO? We have S1 on DVD, S3 on DVR, but S2 has not been released OnDemand or on DVD

I could probably get it for you for about $20... ;)

Or a 6-pack of decent homebrew.

They just added two seasons of Meat Eater, which is a great show if you're into hunting and fishing.

We just finished off Ice Pilots, a reality/documentary series about an airline in Northwest Territories that uses all WWII-era piston planes. Really neat if you like old iron like that.

I am in the middle of the new Werner Herzog movie, Into the Inferno, about an active volcano in Indonesia and the people around it, which he released straight to Netflix. They have a whole bunch of his documentaries available right now. Very interesting stuff if you are into foreign/independent stuff. Cave of Forgotten Dreams is also amazing, and everyone with a cell phone should see his PSA on texting while driving, One Second to the Next.

Also watched Battered Bastards of Baseball recently. Very inspiring story I had been wanting to see for a long time.

Spectral just launched today I believe. Going to give it a watch tonight even though I hear the story is terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the middle of the new Werner Herzog movie, Into the Inferno, about an active volcano in Indonesia and the people around it, which he released straight to Netflix. They have a whole bunch of his documentaries available right now. Very interesting stuff if you are into foreign/independent stuff. Cave of Forgotten Dreams is also amazing, and everyone with a cell phone should see his PSA on texting while driving, One Second to the Next.

Also watched Battered Bastards of Baseball recently. Very inspiring story I had been wanting to see for a long time.

The texting and driving thing is absolutely nuts. When I drive to work in the morning I'd say over half of women drivers are texting. There are some men who do it but in my area for whatever reason the women do it way more. It's frightening. How dumb do you have to be to not realize how dangerous it is? A teenager in my town wiped out three of her classmates while texting and driving. went across her lane, the bike lane and up onto a sidewalk where the three were hit. All three survived but suffered permanent injury. What is so important it can't wait a few minutes?

The texting and driving thing is absolutely nuts. When I drive to work in the morning I'd say over half of women drivers are texting. There are some men who do it but in my area for whatever reason the women do it way more. It's frightening. How dumb do you have to be to not realize how dangerous it is? A teenager in my town wiped out three of her classmates while texting and driving. went across her lane, the bike lane and up onto a sidewalk where the three were hit. All three survived but suffered permanent injury. What is so important it can't wait a few minutes?

I see it every day as well, men and women, young and old. Herzog's film is available for free on Youtube as well. As far as I am concerned this should be mandatory viewing when you renew your drivers license.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BqFkRwdFZ0[/ame]

Started Mozart in the Jungle Season 2 this weekend. Excellent series on Amazon about classical musicians in New York.

Semi fictional. Originally a book written by an Oboist, the show follows members of the NY Philharmonic. Musicians are kind of strange.

It has some very funny moments. Monica Belluci guest stars currently.

Started Mozart in the Jungle Season 2 this weekend. Excellent series on Amazon about classical musicians in New York.

Semi fictional. Originally a book written by an Oboist, the show follows members of the NY Philharmonic. Musicians are kind of strange.

It has some very funny moments. Monica Belluci guest stars currently.

I have wanted to check that out, but my amazon does not stream well.
Not to mention I would watch Monica Belluci hang wall paper!

Anyone watch the Sense8 Christmas Special?

Were there Ewoks & Art Carney?

I mean they brought Peter Cushing back to life, why not Art?

ok, now we've finished the season and I have to fully recommend Travelers

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/12/travelers-review-netflix-canada-1201761987/

good show. like the premise and some of their fish-out-of-water reactions to new stuff. sometimes funny, but not silly.

not heavy on the science of how they're doing things, but I think it just leaves more room for character and action.

characters are great. I like smart-ass Trevor. he's the oldest of them, but placed in the youngest body (like what's-his-name-Gordon-Hewitt on Third Rock from the Sun)

bummed there's a cliffhanger at the end with no word on a 2nd season

Checked out Transparent on Amazon. Thought it was a comedy. It was not.

Granted, the production is great. Writing is great. Jeffrey Tambor and the rest of the cast are great. If you like dramas this might be right up your alley.

From the first 1.5 episodes I can tell it's not for me. After about half an episode I was hoping it would just move on. I tried a second episode because I wasn't done with my workout and I thought maybe the comedy parts might kick in after the characters are introduced.

I really wanted to like is as I thought the premise very interesting. Even a dark comedy would have been appreciated.

Checked out Transparent on Amazon. Thought it was a comedy. It was not.

Granted, the production is great. Writing is great. Jeffrey Tambor and the rest of the cast are great. If you like dramas this might be right up your alley.

From the first 1.5 episodes I can tell it's not for me. After about half an episode I was hoping it would just move on. I tried a second episode because I wasn't done with my workout and I thought maybe the comedy parts might kick in after the characters are introduced.

I really wanted to like is as I thought the premise very interesting. Even a dark comedy would have been appreciated.

Very well made show...I lasted about 3 episodes; too damn serious and depressing.

Very well made show...I lasted about 3 episodes; too damn serious and depressing.

They list it as a comedy. Did you think it was supposed to be a funny show? In any way? The funniest thing I saw in teh first episode or two was when Tambor asked to be transferred from County Hospital to Cedars Sinai because she was Jewish.

That ain't even a very good Jewish joke! (I watch Mel Brooks and Joan Rivers, so I know a good Jewish joke!)

Yes, depressing.

I loved the style. It really is a well done show. If there were some funny moments now and again to balance it out, I'd be all in.

It's like Bleeding Gums Murphy says to Lisa Simpson: "The Blues ain't about feeling better, it's about making others feel bad!" I think that's what they are trying to do here.

Back