Summit, Stark, and Wayne county GL Hops group order?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyseany

Reaction score
I live in Wayne county and always travel to the Akron area... And I could goto Canton also...

Great Lakes Hops is offering a group buy discount along with combined shipping...

I was wondering if some people would be interested in getting some hop plants?

Then maybe next year we could do a rhizome swap our something...

I'd like to order 2 or 3 plants

Sean

Goggle "great lakes hops" they sell plants as opposed to rhizomes....

here's the email they sent me when I asked about a group order...

As for the discount it all depends on how many you would like to order. Our 6 packs run from $36-50, which are already at an incredible savings. Depending on what varieties you are wanting. If you are thinking of ordering 10-30 at a time then then we would take anywhere from 10-25% off, just depends on the size of the order. As for ordering, we are taking our spring pre orders now. But ordering within the next couple of weeks should be fine unless it is a hop that is limited.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions please don't hesitate to email me.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!......

I'm thinking I'd like to get 3 plants...maybe a cascade, columbus, and williamete...or maybe a nugget...? Doesn't really matter...just would like to try my hands at getting some growing....

Lmk what you guys think...would be cool to get a club or 2 involved and be able to trade done different starts in a year or 2....

Sean

I know this forum is very old but I am a beginning homebrewer located in Rittman. I have brewed a few batches and they have not turned out so great. I was wondering if there is a homebrewers club in the area or any free classes? I read stories of people making simple batches of beer and loving them, and I just do not enjoy me beer.

Check out the Grape and Granary in Akron. They have classes, but I think it costs 10 bucks. You probably only need to go to one class. They are really helpful and you can always ask them questions in person or over the phone. I buy all my ingredients from them. I think they are are affiliated with a local club, SAAZ or something like that.

I know this forum is very old but I am a beginning homebrewer located in Rittman. I have brewed a few batches and they have not turned out so great. I was wondering if there is a homebrewers club in the area or any free classes? I read stories of people making simple batches of beer and loving them, and I just do not enjoy me beer.

There's a LHBS in Massillon and he does classes for beginners as well. It's called Newman Creek Cellars. I don't know how often he does the classes, but you could call to find out.

This is where I get most of my grains and supplies...

Check out the Grape and Granary in Akron. They have classes, but I think it costs 10 bucks. You probably only need to go to one class. They are really helpful and you can always ask them questions in person or over the phone. I buy all my ingredients from them. I think they are are affiliated with a local club, SAAZ or something like that.

Yep, They are http://saazakron.com/ or Society of Akron Area Zymurgists. Good people. GREAT advise. good times. Cheap to join.

Back