What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Backwoods yum.

1394999743476.jpg

Wobriens RIS out at the fire. This is damn delicious! Care to send me the recipe?

Thanks for the kind words, it's my favorite HB so far. I used the RIS recipe from HBT:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=238807

I put two vanilla beans (split and cut into 2" pieces) along with 1.5oz med toast oak chips into a mason jar. Added enough Jameson to cover everything. That sat in the fridge for a month.

Then added that to empty secondary. Racked my RIS which was in primary for a month on top. Bottled two weeks later.

Thanks for the kind words, it's my favorite HB so far. I used the RIS recipe from HBT:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=238807

I put two vanilla beans (split and cut into 2" pieces) along with 1.5oz med toast oak chips into a mason jar. Added enough Jameson to cover everything. That sat in the fridge for a month.

Then added that to empty secondary. Racked my RIS which was in primary for a month on top. Bottled two weeks later.

Thanks! I will brew this in the next month or so for next fall. Even SWMBO liked this one. She normally curls her nose when i make her try a RIS haha

HB dry stout after cleaning my brew equipment. OG was only one point lower than expected so i'll take it!

Sent from the yeast cake in my carboy

Hydrometer sample of my Quad. There's a little bit of alcohol burn, but a few months in the bottle and this will be the shiz.

Oh, and another Apocalypse, Not.

Sent from my iThingy using a series of tubes.

Quick buzz is in order before this kids' birthday party.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395002706.153706.jpg

Is that new?

Oddly enough, I feel Goose Island's distribution has dropped off in my area since the AB buyout, aside from Honker's Ale and 312.

Sent from my iThingy using a series of tubes.

It's new here. We got it a few weeks ago. Not buying this again.

View attachment 186308

Wifey brought me beers back from Chicago. Only one I told her to get was Ten Fidy. The rest were her selections and seem pretty solid. I'm drinking a storm king while I prep to bottle my PB Irish Stout.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That's a good wife right there. My wife won't buy me beer because she "doesn't want people to think she has a drinking problem". I really like Storm King, that and Dirt Wolf are Victory's finest imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Well, made the trip to Austin. Finally able to post the pictures from JK. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395006113.273983.jpg
Atrial Rubicite, La Vie en Rose and Montmorency vs Balaton
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395005486.834157.jpg
RU55ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395005823.133073.jpg
Funk MetalImageUploadedByHome Brew1395005960.158013.jpg
Atrial Rubicite and Noble King(cask)ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395006014.441716.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395005591.710144.jpg
    ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395005591.710144.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 71
Another sample of my momoco pale ale. Its dropped five points in the past week, post dry hop. I may need to dry hop again.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395006753.238959.jpg

Drove down to NYC today and this brewery was the drop off location for NHC, so I stuck around for a bit to try their beer and ended up getting a half growler of Half Rack IPA. Really good stuff here. Tons of fruity, tropical notes. The bartender told me the brewer really likes to use southern hemisphere hops. If you're in the area, I recommend trying them out.

Remmy' columbus and cascade* papaya bomb. Fkn awesome brew man. Aroma is great. Nice carb. All around great beerImageUploadedByHome Brew1395008375.049000.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Bre

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395008348.630590.jpg
HB RIS. It's either 10.76% or 12.27% if you use the alternate method on brewers friend. Brewed in July, bottled in December, still picking up quite a bit of Irish whiskey.

Back