Snow crushes the North East and my BREW DAY!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

underwaterdan

Reaction score
I was all excited to get my AHS Magic hat 9 clone today. I have the day off, there is 13 inches of snow outside, I am not going anywhere and it is a great chiller :). Well I go to see if my shipment was put on the truck today as expected and ups says because of elements beyond their control they can not deliver it today! I even shoveled a path for the UPS man...
:mad::mad::mad: Bastards!

I hear ya - I have ~350 pounds of grain scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I need to make sure our driveway is in pristine condition (it's almost 1/4 mile long and mostly a hill).

man, up in this part of the state its not worth calling it a storm unless we get atleast that much. i think the ups guys would get lynched if they didnt come out in 13" of snow.

I hear ya - I have ~350 pounds of grain scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I need to make sure our driveway is in pristine condition (it's almost 1/4 mile long and mostly a hill).
There are hills in Connecticut? But DAMN 350 pounds of grain how much beer are you making!

man, up in this part of the state its not worth calling it a storm unless we get atleast that much. i think the ups guys would get lynched if they didnt come out in 13" of snow.

Where are you from? I went to school in Rochester, so if you're anywhere near I-90, I probably know how far it is from here.

I was all excited to get my AHS Magic hat 9 clone today. I have the day off, there is 13 inches of snow outside, I am not going anywhere and it is a great chiller :). Well I go to see if my shipment was put on the truck today as expected and ups says because of elements beyond their control they can not deliver it today! I even shoveled a path for the UPS man...
:mad::mad::mad: Bastards!

Maybe you should have ordered some "Global Warming" from Al Gore!

FARMINGVILLE,
NY, US 03/02/2009 8:00 A.M. EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL

Well I guess tomorrow I will brew and use my 15 inches of fresh chiller to break...

I live about 2 miles from exit 36, I-81 exit in syracuse.

Okay, I think I drove through there once, getting onto I-81. Generally just a drive-through area, though. About 2-2.5 hours from here. Other than the owner of the LHBS (who is mostly into wine), I haven't really found any other brewers in the area.

Okay, I think I drove through there once, getting onto I-81. Generally just a drive-through area, though. About 2-2.5 hours from here. Other than the owner of the LHBS (who is mostly into wine), I haven't really found any other brewers in the area.

there are quite a few around here. dont know them but i know the local group alone has over 40 members.

i brewed in 21" of snow the other weekend.... fedex could not get to my house untill about 4 days ago...

ohh well. LHBS has a better crush than B3 anyway!

so, i have some crshed grains that finally arrived, and now way to brew

Everyone in the NorthEast go outside and empty your CO2 tank into the air, like you just don't care.

Help fulfull Gore's legacy. If we work together we CAN raise the temp of Earth by a degree or two in our lifetime.

Or spray some CFCs in the air so that bastard ozone layer stops blocking all our UV goodness.

Waiting for this process to occur naturally is just taking WAY TOO LONG for my tastes. Al assured me that I would not have to be shoveling my lot for much longer. I would not have bought a corner lot if I had known he was full of s$%^.

The only hill is my driveway, trust me :)

It's enough grain for a few months...I hope :mug:

EDIT: Happy to report fedex made it up :)

grains1.jpg

There are hills in Connecticut? But DAMN 350 pounds of grain how much beer are you making!

Latest posts

Back