amount of priming sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houndhome1

Reaction score
what is the amount of sugar used when kegging. I read somewhere that you use less then when bottling. if you are treating the keg like a large bottle why would it be different.

I don't want to force carb, but also don't want to find out that my beer is flat after all that effort.

Half the amount of bottling. I use 5 ounces for bottling, 2.5 ounces for kegs. I don't know why but that's the way I learned and it's worked for the last few years.

Nurmey said:
Half the amount of bottling. I use 5 ounces for bottling, 2.5 ounces for kegs. I don't know why but that's the way I learned and it's worked for the last few years.

Do you just put the suger in to the beer or do you have to boil it?

I've used the same amount, bottling or kegging. never seemed to be to carbed at all. that and i used one cup of water to boil the sugar. all though i do want to try with some dme, heard its better.

this c02 thing is killing me. It pisses me off that I have to buy a "new" co2 cylinder and have it exchanged for a POS. ARGG

Back