Cinnamon sticks to cinnamon powder conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdleedahl

Reaction score
Hey I see a lot of recipes with the cinnamon in the recipe measured in tsp of ground cinnamon, I would like to make a beer with some cinnamon, but use sticks instead... anyone have any idea roughly how many sticks per tsp would be an equivalent amount?

thats suprising actually. I always read not to use ground cinnamon as it won't dissolve in the beer. I just did a holiday spiced porter and used 3 whole sticks that I cracked with a kitchen mallet and steeped in the last 15 minutes of my boil. Tasted plenty cinnamony when I put it in the fermenter. Gonna taste it again when I rack to secondary. if it needs more i'll add it to the secondary

I have always wanted to brew with actual sticks to...At my work we make a killer jasmine rice using cinnamon stix so I have wondered about steeping them, or possibly adding a stick to secondary!

Back