AHS Raspberry Tart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhltechie

Reaction score
Anyone tried this? It will be one of the last extracts I do before making the move to AG. My brew beast isnt ready yet..but i need beer! :drunk:

TIA,

M

I've got a batch that I'm planning to bottle this weekend. Really curious to know anyone elses thoughts on this kit.

I just saw that this morning and I will be ordering the kit this thursday, if noone else updates the thread then I will let you know then :D

Hey all, noob question, and I hadnt thought about it by my coworker asked me if the Raspberry tart is an Ale or a Lager. I figured it was an Ale but wasnt 100% sure...any insight?

Hey all, noob question, and I hadnt thought about it by my coworker asked me if the Raspberry tart is an Ale or a Lager. I figured it was an Ale but wasnt 100% sure...any insight?

It's an ale. I got my kit today...probably brew this weekend.

well it's been fermenting for a week now. I tested the gravity last night and it's spot on after a week....I love the cal yeast strains :) I also gave it a quick taste. After a week of fermenting, flat, no extract flavor yet.....it's taste is quite good as an ale. It's not really tart for my taste if it's supposed to be. course it's only been in for a week. It's very smooth and I suspect will be easy drinking after the raspberry and carbonation.

Anyone have an update on this? I'm interested.

I just bottled mine tonight. They are sitting in the corner carbing, so I'll let you guys know how they taste when I crack one open after awhile. I did sample a bit while bottling and it was pretty tasty. Looking forward to checking it out cold and carbed.

I'm sad it's raspberry flavoring. I want a recipe with a fruit bill!

Last time I was reading into the New Glarus Raspberry Tart, the consensus was that they use raspberry flavoring to get some of their raspberry flavor. I don't know if it's true or not, just mentioning it.

Hurry up! Really wondering how this kit tastes :mug:

kegged mine tonight....already tasty without the flavoring. another week or so of co2! i cant wait to try this one!!

ok all....I still have another week in the keg for conditioning and carbing but I did take a small taste last night. Right now, it is actually quite tart but with a nice hop to it and a very pleasant raspberry finish. It's still pretty green right now, but as of right now I am expecting nothing less than an easy drinking, not my normal IPA, beer.

ok all....I still have another week in the keg for conditioning and carbing but I did take a small taste last night. Right now, it is actually quite tart but with a nice hop to it and a very pleasant raspberry finish. It's still pretty green right now, but as of right now I am expecting nothing less than an easy drinking, not my normal IPA, beer.

I've had mine in the bottle for about 2 weeks now. I sampled a bottle over the weekend and it was pretty tasty. I'd have to agree with your description of being a bit tart with some hop to it. I'm really interested to see how the flavor matures over the next few weeks.

wow...in just a few days this beer has really mellowed out into a great tasting fruit beer. i'm very pleased, and i would definitely brew it again.

When I switch to AG!!! woop woop

Awesome.. sounds like a winner. Have you had New Glarus's Raspberry Tart? I'm wondering how it compares.

Awesome.. sounds like a winner. Have you had New Glarus's Raspberry Tart? I'm wondering how it compares.

I just sampled mine and it is very good. I have had new Glarus Raspberry tart many times and this brew is not as tart. Definitely would brew this again and I will try to get a little more tartness(more acid malt? or steeped a little longer)

This is an old thread, but it seems like all the clones for NG Raspberry Tart seem to come out not tart enough. I was wondering if anyone has thought or tried to rack over some rhubarb? Has anyone tried this kit recently? I'm thinking of trying this in the spring. Thanks.

Back