Keezer Project Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoFlaBrewer

Reaction score
I've seen tons of great looking keezers on the message boards. Tip o' the cap to you all. But I do have a question before I start my own keezer build. For those of you that enclose your keezer with wood, do you allow for the manufacturers recommended clearance on all sides? And if so, how much?
I live in FLA and my freezer puts out alot of heat. I want to enclose mine as well but am concerned over the clearance.

Many people build some type of space for clearance around the sides, then use some type of fan system to cool the sides.

I specifically purchased a freezer with coils open and attached to the back. Then left the back of the keezer cabinet open.

IMG_3422.JPG

Build details can be found here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-keezer-build-176752/

My clearance is well below the manufacturers specs, but I have a duct fan pushing airflow whenever the compressor is on. You can feel the hot air being expelled, so I'm glad I put the time and effort into it.

Latest posts

Back