Simple Malt Extract recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah about the brew. Its a little foggy bu ttasty!!!! Its similar to a Sam Adams Boston Lager with a tad more Carbination. Id like to atleast leave 6 in a dark hole somewhere for about 6 months and see how it turns out. It is tasty and a tad stronger than what im used to drinking!!!!

So Im just steeping grains for my second batch. Im going a little different for the above batch listed. Im adding som chocolat malt and caramal and a tad of carapils for thickness on my head. All in all its going good. Ill fill you in on the rest!

I just checked my ale and its going absolutly wild!!!!! When I brew that Irish red Ive been waiting for I am going to need a blow off tube. I only did a half batch this time. Next batch is going to be a full 5 gallons! Its all turned out ell. I knew a lot more of what to do this time. It was my first time steeping grains but I think it went extremly well!

Okay I just racked my amber into the secondary. I brewed last tue but I only did a half batch so I though it would be fine putting in the secondary today. What d you guys think? I wasnt getting any bubbles in my airlock anymore so I though it was good. Now Im looking forward to next weekend. Irish red and Oktoberfest!

Back