Help with crush...pic included

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HossTheGreat

Reaction score
I'm trying to get my corona mill dialed in and need some advice on my crush setting. I basically just adjusted the plates down until I really didn't have any whole grains come through intact. Would like any feedback/suggestions on if I should continue to adjust further. Thanks!

P1180586.JPG

It looks a lot like my crush on my pasta roller... I am going to try malt conditioning (spraying my grain with water at a particular ratio 3.5 oz/10lbs IIRC) kaiser talks a lot about it. search browse members for him and hit his website.

The idea of conditioning is that the husks should stay more intact as they will be more flexible. It can help those of us with less adjustable crushing devices!

Looks similar to the crush I get with a Barley Crusher malt mill.

Looks good. Could be a little finer. Check the homebrewtalk wiki mfor malt conditioning. Try it out. I use a corona and it works wonders with conditioned malt.

I'll check out the malt conditioning info. In the meantime, I'll see what I get with this crush and adjust some more if needed. Thanks!

My Corona crush is probably a little finer, not sure if that's a good thing...maybe I'll try conditioning th malt, it seems to be all the rage.

Latest posts

Back