brewery and beer name assistance - horse racing related

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johno9

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am new to the home brew scene and am looking to come up with a brewery name and a beer name. Myself (ian) and my father in law (russell) are both into horse racing and have horses so was looking at something horse related. If anyone has any suggestions of names and sample logo images it would be greatly appreciated. I am not very good with adobe so any templates or samples would also be appreciated.
thanks in advance. :mug:

Horse brew, uhh,

horse piss?

Sorry, it's an Yank think about Budweiser, when the bottling line is running slow they got a barn full of Clydesdales.

Probably a play on draught will work.

draught horse draught

Old Nellie's Draught.

You got a wide open individual brew pasture; Belgian Stout, Suffolk Punch, Palomino Pale, Old Brown Bay, Glue factory wee heavy, lots of room there.

Do you run a racing stable, stud farm, dessage team? The Gaine's (Gainesway Farm) family went a heck of a long way with Gainesburgers for dogs, and no, I don't want to know what is really in those. They are making bales of cash on stud fees but haven't won a major race in a while.

Hoof and Bridle?

Bridle and StirruP/

I dunno, the possibilities are immense. I will say it will come to you one of these days, they all do. I never would have guessed mine, even two days before it came to me.

Here are a few horse racing terms that might work

Triple Crown

Stud

Cross Fire - When a horse's hind foot strikes the opposite front foot or leg.

Starting Gate

Dead Heat

Eclipse (Award) - Thoroughbred racing's year-end awards, honoring the top horses in 11 separate categories.

Exacta / Trifecta /Perfecta

Front-Runner

Purebred

Rail Runner

Roundabout

Sure Thing

Brewery Names:

• Bell Lap Brewery
• Break Maiden Brewery
• Bullring Brewery
• Quarter Horse Brewery
• Second Call Brewery
• Twin Irons Brewery
• Bar Shoe Brewery
• Hardboot Brewery

Beer Names:

• Blanket Finish
• Photo Finish
• Each Way Single
• Each Way Dubbel
• Daily Dubbel
• Daily Tripel
• Stall Walker Ale
• Stayer Ale
• Steeple Chase Ale
• Big Red Ale

How about Hoof Hearted? Say it fast three times
...or Hoof Hearted XXX...;)

I'm really suprise I haven't heard/read Nag's Head, Glue Factory, Wet Blanket and Horse's A$$ yet...

How about Saddle Tramp? I know it's not racing related, but...

Seriously now, let's say you made a brew with 7 hop additions you can call it "7 to 1"...or something along those lines...

Last Legs...

I'm not into horse's, racing, betting or any of that stuff, but I seem to remember other racing terms from a friend of mine...for a Brown Ale you can call it a "Mudder", that's a term for a horse that like's to or runs well on a wet track, right?

That's all I have right now...:D

Owww, just came up with another...Jockey's Itch...nothing I'd like to drink, but ....

Back