Keezer questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevecaaster

Reaction score
Hey everyone,I am running around like a jackass today gathering parts and bits for my kegerator:rockin: ... I saw a sanyo 4912 at best buy, but I also saw a chest freezer at lowes for 10 bucks less... the brand is "holiday" and its 29 inches floor to ceiling inside, 6.8 cubic feet for 200 bucks,... I have a couple questions for the pros.
1.)Should I get the freezer?
2.)would any freezer make a good Keezer?
3.)would I need a collar on it? Even if I used a tower on the lid?
4.)Is a thermostat for temp control essential on the sanyo?

thanks for the help everyone, have a good day!

Hey everyone,I am running around like a jackass today gathering parts and bits for my kegerator:rockin: ... I saw a sanyo 4912 at best buy, but I also saw a chest freezer at lowes for 10 bucks less... the brand is "holiday" and its 29 inches floor to ceiling inside, 6.8 cubic feet for 200 bucks,... I have a couple questions for the pros.
1.)Should I get the freezer?
2.)would any freezer make a good Keezer?
3.)would I need a collar on it? Even if I used a tower on the lid?
4.)Is a thermostat for temp control essential on the sanyo?

thanks for the help everyone, have a good day!

You should be able to find a bigger chest freezer than that for less money. Mine was 170 for a 7.5 cu ft. I prefer the freezer because you can fit more than two kegs into them which I dont think you can do with the sanyo. A freezer does not require a collar if you are going to use picnic taps but if you want faucets you definately want a collar because you dont want to be drilling holes through the lid.

Back