Any updates on beersmith iPhone app?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr. Bradley Smith presented to our homebrew club in mid August via Skype. He stated at that time that he had completed the iPhone and Android app and was going to start beta testing pretty soon. Sounds like the production version is still a few months off, but it is pretty close!

I was just thinking yesterday how nice it would be to have beersmith on my phone. This is great news, I had no idea they were working on that.

If Dr. Smith could have a fully functional app for Android, that's about the time I would buy BeerSmith.

Buddy of mine assumed beersmith would be available on the ipad. Bought an account and everthing. Now I have beersmith for free.

He demo'd the iPhone app for us. It worked pretty much just like BeerSmith with about 85% of the functionality (100% of what most of us actually use). You could also work in BeerSmith on your computer then instantly pull everything up on your mobile device.

He also stated that right behind the release of the iPhone and Android apps, he was going to release a Kindle Fire app.

He demo'd the iPhone app for us. It worked pretty much just like BeerSmith with about 85% of the functionality (100% of what most of us actually use). You could also work in BeerSmith on your computer then instantly pull everything up on your mobile device.

He also stated that right behind the release of the iPhone and Android apps, he was going to release a Kindle Fire app.

That's awesome. What I want is to be able to formulate recipes on the computer and have the recipe on my phone for reference and be able to input stuff on brew day, which is what this sounds like. Can't wait.

I'm game.

I like the timer function on my iBrewmaster app, but I like to pull up my Beersmith stuff when I'm brewing, so I don't have to print out my stuff until after I brew. So I can put in my 1st runnings gravity, and all my measurements and whatnot, and then print so I have it to go by in the future to look at..

If I could pull up my recipe on my phone, and then do the mash timer and boil timers on my phone in Beersmith that would be pretty much all I need.

Dr. Bradley Smith presented to our homebrew club in mid August via Skype. He stated at that time that he had completed the iPhone and Android app and was going to start beta testing pretty soon. Sounds like the production version is still a few months off, but it is pretty close!

Awesome!!! I love beersmith. It's the only program I've tried that actually yields numbers that I hit. Can't wait! A lot of times I'll be on lunch break at work browsing the internets and thinking about how much cooler it'd be to be able to put together a spontaneous after work brew.

Thought of another benefit of having that on my phone: having the recipe list for a brew with me at all times. There have been a lot of times I've ended up near my LHBS and don't go because I don't know offhand exactly what I need for my next brew.

Back