Your favorite extract kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard

Reaction score
Which extract kits are your favorites? I've only tried a few, but so far I like Cooper's Bitter the best (with 3lbs of light DME).

i had great success with True Brew's Red Ale. i don't know if they still make them, but in the middle '90s it was my fav.

I made a great Irish Ale with the kit from Midwest of the same name. My very first brew was their Autumn Amber Ale that also turned out very good.

But half the fun is trying them all for yourself and seeing what you like. As has been said elsewhere on these boards, the research is part of the fun! :tank:

I get my extract kits from Homebrew Heaven... It's my LHBS!
I've done the Wizard's Wheat, Diamond Knot IPA clone (twice), Vanilla Weizen, and West Coast Blonde... All have came out great!!!

:mug:

I've had good success with Brewers Best kits. The Red Ale they had came out a bit to yeasty tasting for me but then again I could of done that =). Their Oktoberfest is to die for.

Northern Brewer has been very solid for me. Their Caribou Slobber was the first beer that got rave reviews from all the men and women who drank it, and actually had me surprised I made it.

im drinking one of them right now! :) i would have to say my all time would be Caribou Slobber from Northern Brewer! but what i have found in the past is, sometimes its cheaper to piece a kit together!

Latest posts

Back