which chest freezer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goose1873

Reaction score
I have seen the "size" thread and the magic chef 7.2 would be perfect...but they don't make it anymore. I have a large chest freezer for lagaring and want a small one to fit 4 cornys...I want to by new but don't know what to but. People say the GE 7.0 is too tight to fit 4...and I'm trying to stay under $200...

ideas?

not at all...just want something that will fit 4 on the floor...frigidair 7.2?

I have seen the "size" thread and the magic chef 7.2 would be perfect...but they don't make it anymore. I have a large chest freezer for lagaring and want a small one to fit 4 cornys...I want to by new but don't know what to but. People say the GE 7.0 is too tight to fit 4...and I'm trying to stay under $200...

ideas?

I have the GE 7.0 cu ft. chest freezer and it will hold 4 cornys comfortably on the floor of the freezer and another on the hump with a 10" collar.

The holiday 7.0 is on sale for $179 at lowes right now. Not sure if it fits 4 on the floor comfortably or not, but it might be worth a quick trip with a tape measure to find out.

The holiday 7.0 is on sale for $179 at lowes right now. Not sure if it fits 4 on the floor comfortably or not, but it might be worth a quick trip with a tape measure to find out.

The holiday 7 will fit 4, but it's TIGHT! You really have to press the 4th one in there, and pry it back out.

See here:

The Sunbeam 7.2 will fit 4 on the floor and 2 more on the hump with an 8 in collar. From what I have heard/read it is just a newer model of the magic chef. I found mine at menards for $200. See Here

It might be 8.9cf - I forget. But it very easily fits 4 on the floor.

8.8cf.jpg

I have a 7.2 and it is Tight. I wish I had gone with a bigger one because there a pain in the ass to get in and out.

Back