So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just did a monday mash in. Well in was a extract so not really a mash in. Did a grapefruit pale ale. Its been awhile since i have done a extract batch.

I'm planning to brew this Friday. I have everything for Randy Mosher's Fruitcake Old Ale ready to go. It should have enough time to age in order to be ready for Christmas!

I'm getting up stupidly early Saturday morning to brew 2 batches. First is going to be a mini-mash milk stout that I plan to add cold brewed coffee to at bottling. Then I will tackle an all grain New England IPA.

I want to dough in as the first boil is finishing up so I can cool and pitch during mash of brew 2. Using the same yeast (WY1318) for both, so I am doing another starter step up tomorrow.

I'm probably gonna give my NEIPA another try. First try was bottle conditioned, this one will be kegged. See if there is any difference.

I'm probably gonna give my NEIPA another try. First try was bottle conditioned, this one will be kegged. See if there is any difference.

Care to share your hoping schedule. I've got my grain bill set, still tinkering with hops. Was thinking following:

1oz ea Citra & Mosaic at 10min left of boil

1oz ea Citra, Mosaic, Galaxy whirlpool starting at 175 for 20 min.

1oz ea Citra, Mosaic, Galaxy dry hop 72 hrs after pitching

1oz ea Citra, Mosaic, Galaxy dry hop 11 days after pitching (3 days before bottling)

Care to share your hoping schedule. I've got my grain bill set, still tinkering with hops. Was thinking following:

1oz ea Citra & Mosaic at 10min left of boil

1oz ea Citra, Mosaic, Galaxy whirlpool starting at 175 for 20 min.

1oz ea Citra, Mosaic, Galaxy dry hop 72 hrs after pitching

1oz ea Citra, Mosaic, Galaxy dry hop 11 days after pitching (3 days before bottling)

Still thinking about it too. As of now this is the schedule.

0.33oz ea Galaxy & Mosaic FWH

0.33oz Galaxy + 0.5oz ea Mosaic & Citra 20min left in boil

0.33oz Galaxy + 1.25oz ea Mosaic & Citra Dry Hop Day 4 of fermentation for 10 days

1.25oz ea Mosaic & Citra Dry Hop Day 10 of fermentation for 4 days

0.5oz ea Mosaic & Citra in a Hop Tea to add in keg during Kegging.

Time for another dark mild, maybe I can get my volumes right this time. And if the volumes are off I will just have to drink the Beer. Sometimes it is tough being a adult!:mug:

basic ipa - malt bill tailored to the tastes of the person it is being made for

11.5 lb 2-row
1 lb Munich
.38lb 60 L
.25 lb carapils

60 and 20 min additions - Columbus

Flame out Amarillo & Cascade

Hop Stand and Dry Hop both Amarillo, Cascade, and Chinook

Nothing amazing, but I get to brew!!!

Trying a FO hop addition only ale. Pretty simple grain bill.

#7-2row

#3-vienna

#3-flaked oats

#1-Munich

Then 1 ounce each: Apollo - Denali - Citra, for a 20 minute whirlpool. then again for a below 150 degree hopstand

Brewing a Porter. Going to try and age it a little with some oak chips soaked in bourbon. We'll see how it goes.

Will be brewing my hoppy but not bitter red. Excited for this first test batch to see how it goes. Looking to get balance between the complex malt bill and simplified hops. Thinking it will turn out great, but here's hoping.

Doing a little brew thing with my club at our local brewery called Mega Brew. 350 gallons of Grapefruit Session IPA goodness.

Probably brew a faux-Marzen tomorrow. Likely drink it before Oktoberfest. :)

Maybe I'll do the ESB instead. I'll decide later.

Hoping to do a garbage can brew to use up hops. I will be brewing it tomorrow if I get any good suggestions from my post.

brewing an English IPA tomorrow. Golden Promise and a ton of citra, hoping for something similar to Todd the Axeman

Brewing a NEIPA. First time yeast starter (Vermont) with stir plate. All grain. Dry hopping and second fermenting in Keg.

Cheers!

20170401_132245_zps4wmjcg5m.jpg

Here is the hydrometer sample from my NEIPA. First all grain brew under my belt. Was a weird day in regards to my numbers on both the batches I did today, but I'll mull that over and start a new thread.

Doing an all Citra IPA tomorrow. First brew since Jan. 2nd. Glad it is finally getting warm out, so I can get back to brewing. The pipeline is starting to dry up. :eek:

Brewed a dark English mild i am relearning the Process as I moved Up to 10 Gallon Batches with a pot With a different aspect ratio. So My volumes a all F--- up. In the end it should be a 3.5% beer Which is fine. Damned I feel like I am on my second batch of beer instead of 50 something.:mug:

Heating strike water for my first attempt of a NE IPA. I'm giving Braufessor's updated recipe a try.

Just brewed up a single-hop Columbus IPA this morning, into the fermenter an hour ago. This has been my go-to IPA for a while, made a few changes today to see what kind of difference it makes (different crystal malt, different hop schedule). Cheers!

Im hoping to brew this weekend for sure. A SMASH pale using marris otter and this batch of experimental hops from south Africa i got.

I have a nice light beer planned for this weekend. 10 lbs pale, .5 honey .5 crystal 60. Pair it with some citra and Idaho 7.

Back