Need some help with selection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lw22

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new to all of this brewing and I would like to get into it. If anyone has any suggestions for good starter kits that would be great. Also any general advice would be welcomed as well.

Thanks

Welcome. The advice I always give, is don't skimp! You will buy something cheaper and then down the line will wish you had gotten the better one. Especially things like your kettle. Go big, or you will kick yourself later! Also if you can afford it, get a wort chiller!

Advice?

Don't hurry to drink your new beer. Let the yeast do their work.
Patience, time heals most of the mistakes we can make
Read a lot on this forum, there are many wise men and women on here who have a ton of experience.
Relax! You can mess up your beer but it takes a lot more than you think...

I have purchased kits from Austin Homebrew and Northern Brewer and both have had very high quality kits! Pick something that looks yummy and go for it!

I started with extract brewing with steeping grains, worked my way up to partial mash and now I enjoy all-grain brewing. (I just like having more control over my creations). This is an addicting hobby! The next batch will usually be better than the last one you made!

Have a great time brewing! I sure do!

oh I thought of really good advice! Brew before you think you need more beer, because by the time you need more beer you will be out for 5-6 weeks, and that is a long 5 weeks!

I've heard its good to start with a commercial clone so you have something to compare it to. I didn't though, and it worked out just fine. I'd suggest Midwest for your equipment and kits and I also hear great things about Austin Homebrew as well.

Welcome!

Back