You cannot possibly be that effing stupid!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
A very common phrase during my time in the Navy. We dealt with some real rocks there, but in my own household... I mean, I (almost) expect this from my daughter - Shes 8. But damn it, my friggin wife!! The person who gets in my ass for being an idiot savant. Common sense and attention to detail would be the FIRST thing you would think she would heed first to.

Well, she noticed halfway through the cycle of the whites (in the wash) that they were all kind of pink. Why? Because she threw in a couple of my shop towels. COME THE **** ON!!!

I seperated all of the laundry beforehand as its normally my job - (STFU - I do it cause I like clean clothes)

Granted you are being productive and cleaning the garage, but pay attention to what you are doing man! You sure seemed to get my coveralls into the right pile - WHY NOT THE SHOP RAGS??!! They are RED - BRIGHT ****ING RED and they dont belong with the WHITES!!! Last I heard, its clinically impossible for women to be color blind. (And red and green are the CB colors)

Can someone please explain this to me? Sheesh, I had to pause my fights just to get this out...
-Me

Here...drink this:

Blonde_Ale2.jpg

Did I mention that I like pink Tshirts? Good thing eh?

Thanks BM, I think Im on my 3rd 22oz of beer...
A stone RIPA, a Stone IPA and a glass of my holiday ale.
*BURP*

(Must be fight night - I usually dont indulge this much!) Damn this kegerator!
-Me

Who puts the shop towels in with the laundry? My wife would have something to say if I every brought them in the house! (I have to sneak a load of them in the washer when she is not home.)

Well, I guess you'll just have to start doing ALL of the laundry now in order to prevent his happening again!

Who puts the shop towels in with the laundry? My wife would have something to say if I every brought them in the house!

Yes my wife would never willingly throw my shop rags in the washer!

Well, I guess you'll just have to start doing ALL of the laundry now in order to prevent his happening again!

I'd rather just wear pink clothes.

Mine seems to think it's okay to cram the washer full of as much laundry as she can, then shove down on it to fit more in. No discretion here. My clothes, towels, uniforms, whatever... it all goes in there. Then she'll shove it all in the dryer and set it for 45 minutes, and expect anything to be dry. Hell, it took me a year to explain to her what dryer sheets were. It took me 6 months after that to just tell her to quit touching my clothes and start washing them myself. I gave up on trying to teach advanced laundry techniques like separating colors, hot vs. cold water, proper lint-trap emptying...

She has her fair share of pink-but-used-to-be-white clothes, but not me. Not anymore.

Mine seems to think it's okay to cram the washer full of as much laundry as she can, then shove down on it to fit more in. No discretion here. My clothes, towels, uniforms, whatever... it all goes in there. Then she'll shove it all in the dryer and set it for 45 minutes, and expect anything to be dry. Hell, it took me a year to explain to her what dryer sheets were. It took me 6 months after that to just tell her to quit touching my clothes and start washing them myself.

She has her fair share of pink-but-used-to-be-white clothes, but not me. Not anymore.

Wow, someone failed Home-Ec!

Wow, man put on your big boy pink panties & get over it. :)
Everyone makes mistakes & this is what it is.
Noone commited murder, adultry or dumped out perfectly good beer.

Or: wash your own damn clothes if you need to be perfect.

Wow, man put on your big boy pink panties & get over it. :)
Everyone makes mistakes & this is what it is.
Noone commited murder, adultry or dumped out perfectly good beer.

Or: wash your own damn clothes if you need to be perfect.

Actually they are called MANties. Prepare to see the most f'd up website ever.....FAMILY FRIENDLY, just a little creepy.

Don't forget the golden rule... DONT overload the washing machine... we have problems with this concept in my house.

I do a load now and then but ever since I washed my cell phone in my pants pocket (and tumbled it in the dryer for 15 minutes) I prefer to leave it to SWMBO just to be safe.

Amazing thing is, the phone still works.

I do a load now and then but ever since I washed my cell phone in my pants pocket (and tumbled it in the dryer for 15 minutes) I prefer to leave it to SWMBO just to be safe.

Amazing thing is, the phone still works.

I do almost all the laundry. Doesn't bother me, I'm secure enough in my masculinity to cook and clean and do laundry (I just hate putting it away, so it piles up for weeks on end).

I've never washed my cell phone, but I did drive over it a few weeks back. Cracked the case, but the bugger still works, too!

I start the laundry and do a few loads on friday, and Meg finishes it up (usually) on Sunday. Seems to work out pretty well. Only problem is, I wear a lot of dark clothing, which sometimes, for reasons unknown to me, sometimes gets a dark stain on them as if I spilled veggie oil or something on them. Neither of us knows how to remove it.

Yeah the wife and I have a thing worked out. I do all of the laundry and she does all of the grocery shopping. I HATE shopping and she cant do laundry to save her life so it works out well for the both of us. In fact just a few months ago she bought me a new washer and dryer. I was the happiest man on the block!

Yeah the wife and I have a thing worked out. I do all of the laundry and she does all of the grocery shopping. I HATE shopping and she cant do laundry to save her life so it works out well for the both of us. In fact just a few months ago she bought me a new washer and dryer. I was the happiest man on the block!

I do almost all of the grocery shopping, too. the_Wife comes home with too much sh*t, unhealthy food that we just don't need. I figure - if I don't buy potato chips, I can't sit on the couch and eat a bag of potato chips, so they don't make their way into the cart!

It's a fun time for the_Bean and I to have some time together, too.

Damn, I do a lot around the ****ing house... :mad:

I do all the grocery shopping. If my wife did it we'd never get meat. We split the cooking. She does most of the laundry and cleaning. She also handles the finances. I was never able to keep a budget.

My wife and I share laundry duties. I do most of the grocery shopping only because it's more convenient for me. She does the finances.

Look at the bright side JoeMama. It could be worse. My mother once washed my underwear and that of my brother and father with a load of curtains. Curtains that contained fiberglass fibers. Man, did that itch.

What kind of EAC has red shop towels at home anyway? Use old draws, socks and white paper towels like a real man.

Unless you stole the red shop towels.

I seperated all of the laundry beforehand as its normally my job - (STFU - I do it cause I like clean clothes)

I don't judge. I was a bachelor for a long time and I like my shyte the way I like it. Even if that requires dishes or laundry or whatever. It took 2 or more years after I got married to stop telling my wife to just leave my stuff the F alone.

I actually do my OWN laundry for fear of ruining clothes (her or mine). When I was first issued ACUs my wife washed it with her bright red hoodie... Luckily I checked my uniform before reporting in because it had a slight tint of red in it (I would of looked like Army Barbi or something).

Perhaps your wife does what mine does.. messes something up so bad so she doesn't have to do it anymore.... I do the same thing at times (oh so how do I change a diaper again???).

And we don't own pink shirts.. we own salmon shirts!

LOL
Happily I can say that little to nothing has changed.
Yes, its still common in my household...
*Sigh*

I'm pretty lucky in this regard. It also helps that my SWMBO is a stay at home mommy (for the time being). I really dont do jack except work my 40 a week. That and keep her from spending it all, of course.

I do the daddy stuff but not much else.

i just cram the clothes in the washer based on the following, mine, kids, towel. add some bleach and soap and away we go.

and awesome necro...

Females can be colorblind, it's just rare. It's a recessive trait on the X chromosome. For parents to pass colorblindness onto a daughter, the male would have to be colorblind and the female at least carrying the trait. A colorblind female will always pass on colorblindness to male offspring.

Out of all the laundry stories I've ever heard, wait I've never heard a laundry story before. I guess cause even a great one would SUCK..But seriously dude,CHILL.

Before we were married, my SWMBO's mother did this to all my business shirts while I was on a business trip and staying at their house. In Japan, where NONE of the button-down shirts fit me unless I go get serious alterations. Ruined all of them in one fell swoop.

It might have even been OK if the color distribution was even, but I didn't just get a bunch of pink shirts. I got a bunch of pink tie-dye looking shirts.

Back