DC Area Group Buy #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, an update would be great. It would nice to know so I will know if I can use next Saturday for welding up my new stand versus picking up grain (although picking up grain is fine, too).

All: I just heard from Tony via email and he asked me to post the following as he doesn't have access to HBT right now:

“The pickup will NOT be tomorrow as the grain did not come in. We have two current options, next Thursday night or next Sat. AM. If it is next Sat. Mike will not be around so it may not go as smoothly as it normally does.”

I assume everyone should start weighing in with your choice of date. I vote for Thursday night. Ed

Thanks for the heads up Ed.

It'd probably be best to have someone create a poll to make tallying the votes easier.

I'm voting for Saturday. I can't pick up in Tacoma Park on Thursday night because I'm out of town next week. I'll be back on Friday.

Traffic on Thursday evening (or any other weekday eve) is a major concern. So it largely depends on the time we plan to meet.

If 3 Stars' Mike isn't there on Saturday, we may not be able to get in early. Is that what you meant with "it won't go smoothly?"

I can pick up for guys in the Baltimore Area, but that is only useful if we can work out the logistics. No-one wants to drive out to my neck of the woods unless you want to go windsurfing and/or join in for a few brews. :D

Saturday for me I have a pickup and don't mind picking up for folks as long as it's bundled up ready to roll

3 Stars closes at 8 pm on Thursdays. I estimate we need 2 hours from sorting sacks, get everything processed, to being out of there. That would put the start at 6pm, and I'm not driving to DC at 5pm, or get anywhere near I-95 or any Beltway at that time.

So, Saturday as early as possible is my vote.
If 3 Stars' Mike can't be there to let us in, maybe the head brewer can. We need to find out what time we can get started. Or push it off another week?

3 Stars closes at 8 pm on Thursdays. I estimate we need 2 hours from sorting sacks, get everything processed, to being out of there. That would put the start at 6pm, and I'm not driving to DC at 5pm, or get anywhere near I-95 or any Beltway at that time.

If 3 Stars' Mike can't be there to let us in, maybe the head brewer can. We need to find out what time we can get started. Or push it off another week?

Ditto!

What the man said!

They do not get to the brewery before 9:45AM or so. Mike would sometimes open up at 9:30 for us but he will not be there. I would plan on 10AM but will ask if we can get there a little earlier.

They do not get to the brewery before 9:45AM or so. Mike would sometimes open up at 9:30 for us but he will not be there. I would plan on 10AM but will ask if we can get there a little earlier.

Thanks, as always, Tony. It's hard getting everything worked out for these types of things, especially when there is a hiccup or two.

I can pick up for you if the 7th is pickup day.

:)

I'd like to take you up on your offer. I won't be back until June 12th so I'll contact you when I get in town to arrange a pick up time. :mug:

If you want to pick up a small amount of buckets let me know. I know Ed wants a few. I'll try to collect a bunch when I get back to work for everyone else.

I'd like to take you up on your offer. I won't be back until June 12th so I'll contact you when I get in town to arrange a pick up time. :mug:

If you want to pick up a small amount of buckets let me know. I know Ed wants a few. I'll try to collect a bunch when I get back to work for everyone else.

You got it!

DISCLAIMER: Shameless plug and COMPLETELY off topic....

I have started getting into welding and will be coming up with single-tier, double-tier and triple-tier stand designs.

I will doing them for about $800-$1200 each, which will include; frame, burners/propane plumbing and casters. Other customizations will be available, upon request.

I have seen these for about $1400-$2400 online, depending on configuration plus a $300-$400 freight delivery charge.

I will post some pics of my next stand so you guys can see how these turn out.

Cheers!

-Mike

DISCLAIMER: Shameless plug and COMPLETELY off topic....

I have started getting into welding and will be coming up with single-tier, double-tier and triple-tier stand designs.

I will doing them for about $800-$1200 each, which will include; frame, burners/propane plumbing and casters. Other customizations will be available, upon request.

I have seen these for about $1400-$2400 online, depending on configuration plus a $300-$400 freight delivery charge.

I will post some pics of my next stand so you guys can see how these turn out.

Cheers!

-Mike

Mike: I would be very interested in talking with you about this. I am also up here in Frederick. Ed

Back