The stupidest comment on your beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, he would have fired me after the fire department removed my fist from his mouth.
This is why before letting people try it I say, now if you don't like it, that's fine, you don't have to act like you do it won't hurt my feelings, I'll finish if if you don't want it, just don't suffer through it or dump it.

There is some validity to that actually. Most homebrews have more alcohol and I have had them make me tired before. Some nights if im really tired I have to drink BMC or it will put me to sleep.
So don't make all your beer 6%. You can make a session beer just as Bud can. A nice Mild or a low ABV APA is good to have on hand for casual drinking.

This is why before letting people try it I say, now if you don't like it, that's fine, you don't have to act like you do it won't hurt my feelings, I'll finish if if you don't want it, just don't suffer through it or dump it.

I do the same thing. I give them a little, but I know better than to offer a porter or an IPA to a BMC drinker.

I'll give them lighter PAs or Cream Ales to them.

I had an amusing encounter with a guy at the bar (mind you I am dealing with college kids). He claimed bud light the best beer ever so I disagreed and said I didnt like it because it lacks flavor. So i proceeded to try to explain why it lacks flavor and his only response was "stop using made up words".

I just walked away.

I had an amusing encounter with a guy at the bar (mind you I am dealing with college kids). He claimed bud light the best beer ever so I disagreed and said I didnt like it because it lacks flavor. So i proceeded to try to explain why it lacks flavor and his only response was "stop using made up words".

You can't fight a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. ;)

You can't fight a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. ;)

I know I know but given the college crowd is still very young and impressionable I try like hell to convert them before it is to late. Friends for the most part will take part and educate themselves. My roommates are a prime example, before we started living together they were avid bmc but now for the most part they wont touch the stuff. We make our own "lawnmower" beer that is fairly light for drinking games and such but have better stuff for the other times.

My friends think everything I make is too bitter. I made a blonde that they didn't like. I was like, WTF? Then I tried a Labatts and remembered how much like soda water some beer can be.

But they like Red Stripe...

I've gotta case of Bud Light bottled in Grolsch bottles for just such an occasion..... I'll drink mine and they can think that they are.. Until i show them the empty cans..... Gotcha b****.

The other day, my husband gave a pale ale to our next-door neighbor. (Her husband was also drinking one and enjoying it.) She said, "It's not bad, but I'm more of a Miller Lite girl."

Just now I was taking a gravity reading of my first batch. After I took the reading, I hesitantly (because I'm not a fan of drinking things that might suck) drank the sample. I took a few sips and it didn't taste too bad (room temp flat beer... yummmm). My mom was in the kitchen talking on the phone and motioned that she wanted to try it (she's not a beer drinker, she only drinks what I tell her to taste) and she pauses on the phone and goes "Oh, it tastes like real beer!"

This isn't quite on topic, but I was brewing outside yesterday and these girls at a party in the brick apartment building next door yelled down "What are you making" and I yelled back "beer!" and they yelled "Is it on Nitro???".

This isn't quite on topic, but I was brewing outside yesterday and these girls at a party in the brick apartment building next door yelled down "What are you making" and I yelled back "beer!" and they yelled "Is it on Nitro???".

LOL.
You said yes right :)

The other day, my husband gave a pale ale to our next-door neighbor. (Her husband was also drinking one and enjoying it.) She said, "It's not bad, but I'm more of a Miller Lite girl."

Don't see anything wrong with that comment. I'd rather that comment (it's actually the kind of comment I get most often from family about Busch Light instead) than some deusche trying to act like they know what they're talking about and how they love good beer. Then you see the glass an hour alter on the table still full abandoned.

one of my buddies tries to be a beer snob and his new thing now is to order Black and Tan with Guiness and Blue Moon(yuck!), He sits there for a half hour and sips at the Guiness till its all gone and then leaves teh blue moon part in there and goes and orders another.

one of my buddies tries to be a beer snob and his new thing now is to order Black and Tan with Guiness and Blue Moon(yuck!), He sits there for a half hour and sips at the Guiness till its all gone and then leaves teh blue moon part in there and goes and orders another.

Why would you disgrace Guinness with something like blue moon?

Tell him he's Drinking a Black and Blue and only sissies drink those. Or something to that effect.

I think he's right- I was at the Tap Room in san marcos and they offer a "black and blue" on the menu...didn't have the urge to try one, althought i won't knock 'em til I do.

I funniest guinness mix I ever saw was at one of the seediest dives I've ever been to and they had "Pabst smears" Guinness and PBR. right away I knew was in a classy joint.

They may call it a Black and Blue but technically it would be a Black and White since it is a White beer. But why get technical?

that's true- once you make a combo like that you may be throwing all logic out the window. But hey! What do I know? I haven't had one...

Can anyone that has chime in? Maybe this is getting too :off: I don't know.

And while a pabst smear sounds gross, the name cracks me up!

Ok gents, there is now a "Black and Tan variety" thread in the drunken ramblings section.

The after taste is like Frenches mustard! i used blackberrys in a wheat beer

People told me that after I let them try a dry blackberry mead I made. It was still relatively young, maybe 9 months old, but yeah they all thought it tasted like mustard after my loving girlfriend pointed it out. :rolleyes:

The battle doesn't have to be lost there. Often, when I get that comment (or even make it), I reply with or tack on the following:

"It would be pretty difficult for me to **** a man, too, but that doesn't mean it's better."

I know it is not much of an analogy, but it gets the point across.:D

TL

Wow! LOL that is probably the greatest thing you could say to a BMC drinker. Well done :mug:

"It's really got an oak presence" (In response to a beer that he was told 10 minutes before was Bourbin Oaked Aged)

Said by some jackass brewing assistant that works at a brewery that shall not be named.

I love how people say **** like that. It gets me all the time with my job. "Oh I taste cherries and French Oak". Somebody ate their daily allowance of ****** bag this morning!

I just had someone that I did some work for, who's a Miller Lite drinker, try my Kolsch.
His first comment: "Hey this is pretty good !"
"Thanks," followed by a description.
"Hey, um, I'm having a party pretty soon. Do you think that you could brew up a batch for me ?"
"Sure. A couple of cases will run you about $35-40."
"Oh. Forget it. I'll buy some Lite, instead."
"I thought so," thinking to myself.

"It's really got an oak presence" (In response to a beer that he was told 10 minutes before was Bourbin Oaked Aged)

Said by some jackass brewing assistant that works at a brewery that shall not be named.

Ok I don't get it... You say it has oak in it, he says he can taste the oak... and that makes you mad? What am I missing here?

Ok I don't get it... You say it has oak in it, he says he can taste the oak... and that makes you mad? What am I missing here?

First, the guys a ****** so anything he says will erk me, second, OF CORSE IT TASTES OAKY!!! IT'S AN OAKED AGED BEER!IT'S THE STYLE!! That was a critque, that was a Captain Obvious moment.

Stupidest comment was:

"BAAAAAAAAAAARF ...... BAAAAAAAAAAAARRF" and repeat for 20 minutes after some fool tried to funnel some 15% ABV ale I cooked up.

Stupidest comment was:

"BAAAAAAAAAAARF ...... BAAAAAAAAAAAARRF" and repeat for 20 minutes after some fool tried to funnel some 15% ABV ale I cooked up.

you actually let them do that with your beer? or was this without your consent?

Upon telling my father I was brewing.

Father "You better drink it sitting on the toilet."

Upon telling my father I was brewing.

Father "You better drink it sitting on the toilet."

It never ceases to amaze me how many ignorant fools there are out there who think they know something about beer making.

I generally tend to dismiss it myself, even from some home brewers as their tastes get more skewered as they drink.

Like I'm gonna take any serious criticism from somebody about a cream ale after drinking a gruit or bourbon aged oak porter. Their tastes are wacked-out and they are a bit buzzed. Especially, if I don't ask for their opinion.

I served a beer (Lt Pale Ale) this weekend at a festival, I bet a few hundred drank it, comments varied all over the place. All where pretty much positive. The best compliment need not be said. My keg blew out first out of 16.

:rockin:

Back