Siphoning clean beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reibrew

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

It's looking like there's hop matter in my primary that isn't falling. I was thinking of sanitizing my biab-bag and wrapping that around my auto siphon to keep the hop junk out of my bottling bucket.

Good idea / bad idea?

It cant hurt as long as you sanitize the bag. but it isnt really going to filter much. Did you use whole leaf or pellet? I guess if it was whole leaf then it would work, but for pellet I wouldnt bother. If its too cloudy and it really bothers you pick up a 1$ packet of Super Kleer and add it to your secondary.

There's like big puffs of hop matter in suspension, they seem to be in big enough clusters where they might not go through the mesh

You need something in the bag to keep it open or it will gunk up against the opening and clog.

Ideally a tea ball or larger mesh sphere.

I stumbled across a tide delicates laundry bag that i use throughout my brewing in our local grocery store. Its a fine mesh bag that is big enough to fit over the bucket opening. I used it for the mash tun tube and post boil into the fermenter. I imagine you could use it for the siphon tube also if you were going into a bottling bucket.

Back