Lager Bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billf2112

Reaction score
I am about done with the lagering process and will be bottling soon.

This is what I under stand to do. Once the time hits, raise the temp up to 60 degrees and test the gravity. If it is at the targeted FG, bottle.

Here is my question because I am being told 2 different things. Should I simply bottle following the normal process or re-pitch yeast before I bottle?

I was thinking of rehydrating some dry yeast and putting in bottling bucket with the priming sugar, then straining the beer into the bottling bucket to clean out all the "dead" yeast and stuff.

Ideas, and yes I tend to over think everything.

thanx

I've never lagered so I might not be the best resource of information.

One thing I recommend though is that you take a sample of the beer first and bring that up to 60 degrees; you don't want to bring all of the beer up if it isn't ready.

Secondly, unless you are freezing your beer or pasteurizing it, you shouldn't have to add more yeast for bottle conditioning. There should still be enough in the beer. You can always jam the siphoning wand into the yeast cake to get some yeast from the primary to the bottling bucket; just only do it for a second.

Back