Garlic Roasted Chicken

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melana

Up to no good....
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Garlic Roasted Chicken

Add the following to a blender and make a paste:

8-10 cloves of garlic
The juice of a lemon
Zest of a lemon
Teaspoon of Dijon mustard
Handful of fresh basil leaves
Pinch of salt and pepper
Handful of fresh parsley
Tablespoon of olive oil

Take the paste and liberally smear under the skin of a chicken (suitable for roasting). Allow the bird to marinate for about an hour. Rub the outside of the chicken with olive oil then sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and lemon pepper seasoning. We roasted the chicken indirectly on our charcoal grill (that was smoking away nicely) at 400 degrees until the deepest part of the thigh was around 160.

If you like garlic this is a good one.

Sounds great Melana. Next time take a photo!

I used to do a similar recipe, but roasted in the oven, and I'd also toss a head or two of garlic into the roasting pan. Once the bird was done, I'd squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into the pan of chicken drippings, deglaze with some white wine (apfelwein would be great!), reduce over medium heat and finally stir in some heavy cream. A little salt & black pepper to finish, and you've got an incredible garlic sauce to drizzle over the chicken. A proper chef would strain it before serving, but I like it with a little texture.

Sounds very tasty Melana, but...

worthless.gif

You can blame the no pictures on me. I couldn't hold out long enough for the pictures to be taken. But I can tell you it was awesome. My belly is not just full of beer.

:D

Back