Yankee or Dixie?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
54% (Dixie). Barely into the Dixie category.

That is where I would guess myslef being.

40% (Yankee). A definitive Yankee.

My results were slightly skewed, though. We don't have any freeways in the entire UP or upper half of Wisconsin, so I have no idea what that road would be called!

40% but the thing is totally biased, if you look at where it says things are centered they are mostly either everywhere or in the south. There's nothing distinctly Northeastern about any of it (and I'm sorry, but that's where Yankees come from people).

36% (Yankee). A definitive Yankee.

I had no idea that "Cabbage Night" was VT/Western MA-specific. Oh, and the "soda vs. pop" debate is great fun with my wife's Buffalo friends; thankfully, I've pretty much cured her of her "pop" crutch (I've also gotten her to be as big a Pats fan as a Bills, but that was EASY).

the_bird said:
36% (Yankee). A definitive Yankee.

I had no idea that "Cabbage Night" was VT/Western MA-specific. Oh, and the "soda vs. pop" debate is great fun with my wife's Buffalo friends; thankfully, I've pretty much cured her of her "pop" crutch (I've also gotten her to be as big a Pats fan as a Bills, but that was EASY).

I'd never heard of cabbage night, hence I think the whole thing is a little bogus.

37% (Yankee). A definitive Yankee.

I answered alot that said Great Lakes or Western Great Lakes except for the Soda question: AND IT'S SODA!!! It is also a bubbler.

the_bird said:
Oh, and the "soda vs. pop" debate is great fun with my wife's Buffalo friends; thankfully, I've pretty much cured her of her "pop" crutch.

You mean a Coke? :D

40% (Yankee). A definitive Yankee.

Born and raised in Michigan, and I'd like to move back again someday.

I've started saying "pop" again instead of "soda" just to annoy my wife. The kids think its funny and they say it now, too. :D

I've got to admit, when I took it I didn't think I was going to be very southern bc almost all of the things said "said throughout the US" or some were even Great Lakes or Western Great Lakes which was weird...

My fiance who sent it to me got a 45% I guess bc she's from California... :D

TheJadedDog said:
40% but the thing is totally biased, if you look at where it says things are centered they are mostly either everywhere or in the south. There's nothing distinctly Northeastern about any of it (and I'm sorry, but that's where Yankees come from people).

Not true. I had several responses that were "Common to the Great Lakes" or some such thing. One came up "Used Heavily in Michigan." I think that was the "pop" one.

Beerthoven said:
Not true. I had several responses that were "Common to the Great Lakes" or some such thing. One came up "Used Heavily in Michigan." I think that was the "pop" one.

I guess what I meant was that there is very little that was used heavily in the northeast, which is where Yankees are from. No offense to Michigan and the Great Lakes region, but you're not Yankees anymore than Arizona is part of Dixie; know what I mean?

40% Yankee! Guess that fits with being a Minnesotan.

Oh...and it IS pop. Soda is what you mix with scotch. :p

TheJadedDog said:
I'd never heard of cabbage night, hence I think the whole thing is a little bogus.

It ain't bogus just cause you ain't (;) ) heard of it.

Phew. I was starting to think I was crazy. Nobody I know seems to know about cabbage night. Kinda glad though. Hate to have to clean up afterwards.

oh and 37% (Yankee). A definitive Yankee.

75% Dixie. Dang i guess my friends are right i am a Hillbilly.

SD

zero said:
It ain't bogus just cause you ain't (;) ) heard of it.

Phew. I was starting to think I was crazy. Nobody I know seems to know about cabbage night. Kinda glad though. Hate to have to clean up afterwards.

oh and 37% (Yankee). A definitive Yankee.

I didn't mean Cabbage night was bogus, I meant the test.

69% (Dixie). A definitive Southern score!

Funny thing is, most people think I'm not a native Nashvillian, which I am. They all think I'm from Indiana or somewhere.

54% Dixie. Even though I grew up mostly in Michigan and have lived on the west coast. Must be a bit of red-neck in me. Ye-haw.

TheJadedDog said:
No offense to Michigan and the Great Lakes region, but you're not Yankees anymore than Arizona is part of Dixie; know what I mean?

Not to people in the South, especially certain types in Richmond. Anyone from up North is a Yankee (including us Michiganders).

51% Dixie, but I'm not buying the results.

bigjohnmilford said:
I think I got 50% on that one. None of the people really had a regional accent.

And a couple of them sounded like they had minor speech impediments, making it doubly difficult to determine.

35%. A definitive Yankee. I wasn't surprised. I mean really- It's soda, and they're called bubblers. And BTW a-u-n-t rhymes with caught, although most cheeseheads not from the Holyland would probably disagree with me.

57% (Dixie). Barely into the Dixie category.

which is good because I hate the Yankees!
no_yanks.jpg
;)

Flyin' Lion said:
Not to people in the South, especially certain types in Richmond. Anyone from up North is a Yankee (including us Michiganders).

+1. That's true in NC as well.

I live in Cary, NC, also known as Containment Area for Relocated Yankees. It wasn't the people who moved here who gave the town that title.

Back