Green horn's first brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manchester

Reaction score
First brew tastes great! (Brewer's Best Red Ale) I'm addicted. This is a great hobby and I have enjoyed everyone's enthusiasm on this forum for BEER. I am from Oklahoma and most people I know have no clue what real beer tastes like. I will do my best to spread the gospel.:mug:

I just bottled an Octoberfest and Boulevard Wheat clone (for the Wife). Love it!

Oklahoma is either dry or 3.2, correct? Ive been in the state a million times, being from southwest MO, but never paid attention to their liquor laws. We always stocked up on beer here before going to the sand dunes at Waynoka

manchester said:
First brew tastes great! (Brewer's Best Red Ale) I'm addicted. This is a great hobby and I have enjoyed everyone's enthusiasm on this forum for BEER. I am from Oklahoma and most people I know have no clue what real beer tastes like. I will do my best to spread the gospel.:mug:

From what little I know about Americans, I reckon most people from Oklahoma don't have a clue about anything !!

Oklahoma, loved the musical.

Fatgodzilla said:
From what little I know about Americans, I reckon most people from Oklahoma don't have a clue about anything !!

Oklahoma, loved the musical.

Im from Oklahoma and the one's I know damn sure have a clue about most things.
buy the way the beer is 3.2 unless you buy it at a liquer store.

Welcome and congrats on brew #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It only goes downhill from here, but in the good sense!

What do you guys mean 3.2% - there is beer with 3.2% alcohol in the USA??? In Canada even out light beer has atleast 4% ABV. Is it just in certin states - I think when I was across the border in niagra falls the budwiser was 5% abv - then again i was pretty drunk may not have been reading the label right :)

Wow, what's up with doggin' us OKies? Do we want to talk about college football or back to back Mrs. America's? I think we know a few things. There are actually quite a few brew pubs in this fine state but they are mostly in Tulsa and Oklahoma City. There is one here on Fort Sill but I found out by hanging around, also where I got a free keg, that they use extracts. The 3.2 is in fact law, or as others have said, you go to the package store. They usually have a good selection of at least Sam Adams. At one time, there use to be 5 homebrew stores alone in OKC. Now there is one. Tulsa has 2 or 3 I think and there is one now in Norman and Moore. Hell, if it's 3.2, it just means you have to drink MORE!

Yep our beer is 3.2 ABW so it is somewhere around 4% I think.

hey manchester, and hotammo where are you two located in Oklahoma

My first beer was also the BB Red Ale, which was ok/good, but it will only get better from there.

Minnesota is the same way. Beer sold in gas stations and grocery stores is 3.2% ABW. Only way to get anything stronger is at the bar or liquor store. On top of that, liquor stores close at 10pm and aren't open on Sundays. Hell, Hennepin county (the county Minneapolis is in) has its liquor stores close at 8pm M-Th. Sucks. :(

So, OK isn't too different.

BTW, congrats on the first brews. It only gets better! :D

I live in Tulsa. There is a pretty good Home brew store here called High Gravity if your ever in T-town. In response to a comment about okies, it's a little difficult for okies to overcome the image that most ill informed people across the country see in the media of a one tooth, hunched back, citizen who just witnessed a "tornada" wad up their trailer like an "empty budweiser can." Obviously, stereotypes are perpetuated by ignorance. end of rant.

manchester said:
I live in Tulsa. There is a pretty good Home brew store here called High Gravity if your ever in T-town. In response to a comment about okies, it's a little difficult for okies to overcome the image that most ill informed people across the country see in the media of a one tooth, hunched back, citizen who just witnessed a "tornada" wad up their trailer like an "empty budweiser can." Obviously, stereotypes are perpetuated by ignorance. end of rant.

I agree. Being a Newfoundlander in Canada, I get somewhat of the same type of ignorance from some mainlanders. Dumb Newf etc. Newfie jokes, that kind of thing. And although a lot of Americans have no real knowlege of other countrys, at least they do know a lot about their own country, unlike a lot
of curriculum taught in our local schools. I figure they know the difference
of people within different states and countys.
Hell, nothing wrong with being a hillbilly. Don't knock it unless you have lived it. I've been called that even if I'm not an Okie. :mug:

Back