First brew day, today-Whey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtfleming

Reaction score
Did my first extract brew today. A Bavarian Hefewezin, Everything pretty much went ok and its now sitting in the fermentator. Two things got me. I should have really heated up the LME, when I went to add the first 3lbs, it was still pretty thick. Second, was my nozzle was stuck on my garden hose when I went to hook it up to my wort chiller. I'm def. glad I decided to make my own wort chiller.

Ready to do my next brew :mug:

Welcome to the hobby/obsession. I used to heat a large pot of water and submerge the LME in it, it makes pouring much easier. While you are fermenting, research late addition (lme/dme) for your next brew.

Congrats on the first brew.What do you have planned for the second batch?

Either NB caribou slobber or a nut brown ale

Welcome to the hobby/obsession. I used to heat a large pot of water and submerge the LME in it, it makes pouring much easier. While you are fermenting, research late addition (lme/dme) for your next brew.

Thanks, that's a good idea.

Have you picked up your extra fermenters yet? If you had 3 fermenters you could do the nut brown ale next weekend and Cariboo Slobber the next. The following weekend you could bottle your Hefewiezen and you'd be well on your way to having a steady supply of your own beer.:D

Have you picked up your extra fermenters yet? If you had 3 fermenters you could do the nut brown ale next weekend and Cariboo Slobber the next. The following weekend you could bottle your Hefewiezen and you'd be well on your way to having a steady supply of your own beer.:D

^ Telepathy :mug:

Took my first hydro reading today. 1.016. Tomorrow will be two weeks fermenting. Will check it again tomorrow.

Back